cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

default pwd

dave dave
Level 1
Level 1

hi! I did a conversion from autonomous AP to lightweight AP (1240) using the cisco upgrade tool. After the conversion, i tried to console into the AP but the default password of Cisco and username Cisco doesn;t work. Any idea what's the default password after the conversion? I know that i can change that from the controller, but is that the only way to do it? Thanks.

5 Replies 5

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

default is Cisco/Cisco, you may want to try the user/pass that you had when it was autonomous.

Cheers,
Steve

--

If  this helps you and/or answers your question please mark the question as "answered" and/or rate it, so other users can easily find it.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

If the AP  is already registered to the WLC, then the only way is to configure the same sing the WLC GUI... If its not yet registered,  then password recovery using Mode button does not work on the LWAPP APs...

Lemme know if this answered ur question!!

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Vinay Sharma
Level 7
Level 7

Dave,

Please mark this Question as "Answered" if you got the correct information from Stephen and surendra.

thanks,

Vinay

Thanks & Regards

I've tried Cisco/Cisco and it doesn't work.   I've also tried admin/cisco and that doesn't work.   Any ideas?   

Which AP model?
You can try to reset it to factory defaults with the Mode button and a console cable.
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card