cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help trying to upgrade 9105AXI to the EWC version without a controller.

A client has purchased an 9105AXI they want to be used on a Site survey. However they did not get the EWC version. I am trying to set this up only to be used for verification. I have done some research and found that it is possible to upgrade the AP to the EWC version, however all the guides i have found use a cisco controller or a cisco switch. I do not currently have access to a controller. I do have a catalyst 2960-SI laying around, but i have never been able to get it to work. 

I have been trying to upgrade via TFTP server, however when i use the capwap ap ip command it doesnt seem like anything changes and i cant ping it. I feel like im either missing one small thing or its just not possible to do without proper hardware. 

Reading the data sheet on this AP it looks like it can only obtain an IP address from a DHCP server and must see a controller in order to work at all? is there any work around for this? 

1 Reply 1

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check if this document can help : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/embedded-wireless-controller-on-catalyst-access-points/215303-embedded-wireless-controller-conversion.html 

Note that  AP must be running a  lightweight capwap image

M. 

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card