cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mobility Express - how to install third party certificate

jmprats
Level 4
Level 4

Hi, I would like to install a trusted third party certificate on Mobility Express for guest access to avoid the errors of the self signed the certificate. How can I do that?

Thanks

6 Replies 6

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As pe rmy knowledge , procedure for ME WLC is same as normal WLC.

follow the guide and do it via CLI:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/4400-series-wireless-lan-controllers/109597-csr-chained-certificates-wlc-00.html

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Thanks, but no GUI option in ME to import the certificate, everything for CLI, true?

yes its only via CLI.

I was able to install the certificate in the Mobility Express Controller 8.8.125, but now I have a problem: some devices recognize the certificate and the certification path, while other devices don't recognize the certification path (only the server certificate without CAs appear in their browsers). 

The same certificate installed in WLC 5508 is recognized with the entire certification path for the same devices.

Any ideas?

I've done some testing

The same certificate is working fine if I downgrade the ME Controller to 8.5.140 (I can see all the certification path in the certificate)

But if I upgrade again to 8.8.125, again  the certification path dissappears.

This might be a bug, please open a TAC to debug this further. I'm also curious if it's a setting or a bug.
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card