Views
Helpful
Replies

NCS unable to communicate with MSE

sethisanjeev
Beginner
Beginner

Hello,

I am trying to add a MSE 3300 to the NCS from the management console.

The MSE is at 192.168.200.10 (eth0) and the NCS is at 192.168.200.7

I am able to ping the NCS from the MSE. There is no firewall between these two.

'msed' is up and running as verified by '/etc/init.d/msed status'

'eth0' is up and running as verified by /etc/init.d/network status'

I ran the setup utility in the MSE and set the NCS communication userid/password to 'admin/admin' which is the default. I rebooted and restarted the msed service.

In the NCS, I do (Services->MObility Services Engine -> Add Mobility Services Engine -> Go)  and then set the IP, username, password.

At this point, the message I get back is 'No response from the Server. It may be unreachable, or server is down or HTTPS connection to server failed'

So, what am I not doing correctly? Both the NCS and MSE are on the same subnet and no firewall.  Any help please?

12 Replies 12

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame Guru Hall of Fame Guru
Hall of Fame Guru

I would rerun the setup script and when it ask for the communication username and password, enter 'D' IIRC is to set it back to default. Don't enter admin/admin... I ran into issues trying to change this. Then the MSE will be restarted and try again.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks for your response Scott.

Just tried what you suggested and still no joy.

I poked in the NCS logs and I am getting a message 'Handling ServerEngineUnreachableException, reason:

RAW PING to 192.168.200.10 Port: 443 failed" where 192.168.200.10 is the MSE device.

Then it tries to ping port 8001 and fails.

I logged in NCS via SSH and pinged 192.168.200.10 and it works. So I am not sure what is going on.

Well that is how I have delt with that issue in the past.  When your trying to add the MSE, your not touching the default username and password for the WCS communications are you?  The only thing else I would try is to rerun the startup and reboot the MSE and maybe restart the NCS and see if that helps.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***