Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime 3.1 WLC Configuration Archive Failing

Donald Wolfe
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Group!

We have an issue where we have 1 WLC that is managed by our Prime 3.1 and when we try to do a config archive it fails.  The error is:

Function run timed out 120000ms.  I have attached a screen shot of what we are seeing.  We have also changed the timeout to 540000ms but it is still failing.  Any ideas?  I have seen CSCvb87210 but it looks to have a work-around of increasing the timeout like we have done.

5 Replies 5

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is the running software version supported by the installed device pack?

Otherwise I'd update the device pack first, do a reboot of the PI and then test the backup again.

Which patch on 3.1 have you installed? The latest is patch 6 (which has a few bugs, like background tasks not starting at all (at least I had this issue)).

Hi Patoberli,

I am checking on the patch version now and will post my findings.  This issue is only impacting 1 of our WLC's.  We can run the config archive on our other WLC's without any issues.

Are maybe the credentials not correct?

You can test that by going to Configuration -> Network Devices -> select the WLC -> click on the pencil icon and in the now open window hit the Verify Credentials button. Make sure to check the tabs, the verify will only check the entered credentials.

Sometimes it's sadly needed to delete a WLC from Prime and then re-add it.

Jades Moreira
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I had this same issue with three WLC (flex 7500 and 5508 models) and one Prime 3.1 (update 1.7 and Device Pack 15).

FAIL, Unsupported operation and Function run timed out 60000ms (60 sec)

To solve the problem was needed to change/edit the parameters of timeout from 60 to 300 in each WLC into Network Device, clicking "Update & Sync" and run Backup Job again.

Don´t forget to check credentials again to confirm the SSH/Telnet reachability.

Hi,

I had this same issue on Prime 3.10 and WLC 5520 (8.10.171.0) during this days and the solution was the same.

Thank you Jades!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card