Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Infrastructure Error: You must be root or super-admin

Gehrig_W
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Cisco Wireless-Experts

I'm on my way from Cisco Prime 3.8.1 to 3.10.4.

After settings up a second machine in parallel and doing the first upgrade-steps I noticed the following error-message

when I type in the command "show application status NCS" on 3.10.1 and just finalizing the upgrade to 3.10.2:

prime2/admin# show application status NCS

Health Monitor Server is starting.
Database server is running
FTP Service is running
TFTP Service is running
Matlab Server is running
Matlab Server Instance 1 is running
Matlab Server Instance 2 is running
NMS Server is stopped.
WSA Service is stopped..
SAM Daemon is running ...
DA Daemon is running ...
Compliance engine is running
ERROR: You must be root or super-admin (username - "admin") to run this command...

I'm quit sure that I looged in using Telnet/ssh account "admin".

What I did was a change of password for the initial password granted by a colleague during installation

of the OVA-image and initial setup using the "change"-command in CLi. Is this a problem ?

Who knows how I can get rid of this, apparently fake, error-message ?

Thank You for any tipps

Have a nice weekend

Wini

The last Prime Infrastructure user on planet earth

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>...and doing the first upgrade-steps
 - Exactly how did you upgrade ? As far as I understand it Prime 3.10 only supports restoring an application backup from previous (supported versions) , yet I am not sure that this relates to your problem, 

M,

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Gehrig_W
Level 1
Level 1

Hello marce1000,

we started up a second VM-machine using the 3.10-OVA-file and I used an application backup from 3.8.1 to restore it on this second machine.

restore backupfilename repository external_repo_name application NCS

Kind regards

Wini

- Try to login as root (CLI) and or define a new admin user with another name and all privs , for instance,  check if  you can use it as a workaround,

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Don't worry too much about that message.  You have to change user to root in order to not see that message.  Also, I never really upgrade anymore.  I will spin up a new vm and then import the license, devices and then floor plans.  This way the DB is clean and you are not brining over stale items or just bad data in the DB.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Wes Schochet
Level 3
Level 3
You are not the last Prime Infrastructure user. Hopefully, the DNAC feature set will come up to parity at some point. They just announced the official EOL, so you have another five years!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: