cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"RF Optimization" and "RF Profiles" in Mobility Express 8.10

aironetlap
Level 1
Level 1

Hardware: an ME 8.10.190.0 cluster of 3802I.

If I set a customised "rf-profile" for my ap-group, does it overwrite the config made by "RF Optimization", or vice versa?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jagan.chowdam
Spotlight
Spotlight

RF Optimization is a global configuration, whereas RF Profiles enable you to categorize a set of APs that share a common coverage zone together. This allows for selective adjustments to how RRM operates the APs within that coverage zone. By utilizing RF profiles and AP groups, you can fine-tune the RF settings for AP groups operating in various environments or coverage zones.

If RF Profiles are configured, they will be applied to the AP Group and essentially supersede RF Optimization.

RF Profiles offer detailed control over RRM configuration, while RF Optimization provides control parameters to adjust Client Density and Traffic Type.

Jagan Chowdam

/**Pls rate useful responses**/

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

jagan.chowdam
Spotlight
Spotlight

RF Optimization is a global configuration, whereas RF Profiles enable you to categorize a set of APs that share a common coverage zone together. This allows for selective adjustments to how RRM operates the APs within that coverage zone. By utilizing RF profiles and AP groups, you can fine-tune the RF settings for AP groups operating in various environments or coverage zones.

If RF Profiles are configured, they will be applied to the AP Group and essentially supersede RF Optimization.

RF Profiles offer detailed control over RRM configuration, while RF Optimization provides control parameters to adjust Client Density and Traffic Type.

Jagan Chowdam

/**Pls rate useful responses**/

Many thanks, Jagan.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card