cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV340W Freezes

itsmerowe
Level 1
Level 1

We have a RV340W that freezes randomly. It has 2 VLANs and routing is enabled between them. About 3-4 times a week, the router stops responding to the IP on either VLAN and I have to reboot it. The logs show nothing. I thought maybe something with my VLAN tagging was messing up, but I have a PC plugged right into another LAN port on the router (LAN1 connects to my switches - SG200-26s) and LAN2 connects right to a PC. LAN2 can't even connect when it freezes.

I SAY it freezes, but all lights seem to working fine on it. I just have to turn it on and off.

I have requested a quote for service on this router over 7 days ago (they said they would have a quote within 48 hours). It's too late to return this thing.

Does anyone have this router and are experiencing similar behavior?

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Do you have the option of installing more recent software versions than currently running on the device ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Software? It's running the latest firmware (1.0.0.17). I even downgraded to 1.0.0.16 and no change.

- Try configuring a remote syslog server, e-mail alerts, and snmp traps on your device; perhaps some 'last gasp' info could then be  obtained when the device dies. If nothing can be found after doing this, it could be hardware....

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

It's a very small network. I have no Syslog server and don't use SNMP. I'll try to set up e-mail logs after hours (it tends to freeze when I am in the admin changing screens - also, randomly.) When I check the logs after a reboot, it shows nothing serious to indicate an issue.

I guess I will check into another router. Cisco promised me a support quote within 48 hours ago 6 days ago but I am tired of waiting.

Mike Johnson
Level 1
Level 1

I am having the same issue with this router. Am deeply regretting using this router in working environment and would not recommend it. Was not able to access this router GUI with static IP since the unit was not doing its job for DHCP server, also the console port is unresponsive and cannot locate the settings to make sure my terminal is correctly set up.  So I had to power down the router losing all the logging data.

Also cannot even disable, remove or change the default username of "cisco" which leaves the RV340W router very vulnerable to an attack.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card