Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless signal tester

I am kind of new in the wireless world. I would like to buy a device which i can use to test the strength of wireless signal. Can someone make a recommendation on a reliable product if there is one out there?

Thanks,

Lake

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The simplest product is to use the ACD / ADU for cisco client cards (CB21AG)and use the Administrator utility.. this will help u provide more details..

Or Airmagnet may be helpfull as well..

Lemme know if this answered ur question!!

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

View solution in original post

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If your laptop has a wireless card in it then free proggies like Netstumbler or inSSIDer are always available.

The AirCheck from Fluke Networks is a very good tool to have around for wireless testing and troubleshooting.

8 Replies 8

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The simplest product is to use the ACD / ADU for cisco client cards (CB21AG)and use the Administrator utility.. this will help u provide more details..

Or Airmagnet may be helpfull as well..

Lemme know if this answered ur question!!

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Much appreciated. Thank you for the quick reply.

Thanks,

Lake

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If your laptop has a wireless card in it then free proggies like Netstumbler or inSSIDer are always available.

Thank you very much

The AirCheck from Fluke Networks is a very good tool to have around for wireless testing and troubleshooting.

Thank you very much

Regards,

Lake

If you can contact authorized sales agent for Fluke, ask them to demo their soon-to-be-released Fluke OptiView.

The new release (mid-2011) will have four major application in a tablet format:  CSA, forgot this one, AirMagnet Spectrum Analyzer, AirMagnet WiFi Pro.

It can do packet analyzer for 10/100/1000 Gb PLUS 10Gb in either SFP or copper plus more.

I blogged about the Fluke Air Check. I was at Fluke 2 weeks ago ..

http://www.my80211.com/home/2011/3/24/fluke-aircheck-gestalt-it-wireless-techfield-day.html

Its a good device but a little $$$ at $2,000 US. Its a very simple device and I would recommend it as well. But you could get the same results from a free tool as well like Inssider ..

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin