cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there any way we can disable the DTMF tones to be heard by the agents when the users enter the informatio

anish.gupta11
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any way we can disable the DTMF tones to be heard by the agents when the users presses the keys

The call flow is as following:

Cube-->CUCM-->UCCX

Please let me know if there is any possible way to disable anywhere on Cube,cucm or uccx.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Because that's how the PSTN works; it simply opens a connection and passes media. In my opinion, this would be really obscure/complicated to block for what seems to be zero value. Your system though - check out the Lua scripting language if you're comfortable self-supporting your SIP trunk.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/sip_tn/9_1_1/sip_t_n.html

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Your question doesn’t make sense at first glance. The wording suggests you want to disable DTMF support after the call is connected to an agent but I don’t understand why you would need/want to do that. The practical answer is no, this isn’t an out-of-the-box option. In theory, a Lua script on CUCM could conditionally strip all DTMF capabilities from the reINVITE sent to the PSTN gateway based on certain connected party information (ie the agent DN range) but Lua scripts aren’t supported by TAC and this would be very difficult for anyone not fluent in Lua scripting to understand or support.

j.huizinga
Level 6
Level 6

If user is connected with an agent, why would the user press keys? The parties are talking

Because that's how the PSTN works; it simply opens a connection and passes media. In my opinion, this would be really obscure/complicated to block for what seems to be zero value. Your system though - check out the Lua scripting language if you're comfortable self-supporting your SIP trunk.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/sip_tn/9_1_1/sip_t_n.html

I believe the situation might be as below : Customer is in conference with the Caller , and the IVR .. and the caller was asked to enter sensitive information .. like Credit-card number or pin ..
the problem might be related to the fact that the Agent can record the DTMF Tones and get the actual digits ..
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: