Views
Helpful
Replies

Accessing Oracle 11g DB with UCCX 8.5

MauryJ
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

From reading a couple of threads in here from last year, and the compatibility matrix, it appears that CCX 8.5 is (or was?) not compatible with Oracle 11g databases.   Is this still actually the case?

We're currently running CCX 7, and we have scripts that perform DB Get statements.  We have an ODBC connection setup, that goes through the Oracle Client thats installed on the CCX server.   I realize that 8.x is now Linux based, so we can't depend on the Oracle Client anymore.

Thanks

M

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, it's still the same. I hope UCCX 9.0 which is around the corner now, might bring the good news.

GP.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, it's still the same. I hope UCCX 9.0 which is around the corner now, might bring the good news.

GP.

Got it, thank you Gajanan.

Jan Zmidloch
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Accessing Oracle 11g is not supported in UCCX 8.5, Highest supported version is 10g. Actually, UCCX 8.5 is able to connect Oracle 11g using JDBC thin client. I`ve tested it with connection to DBserver with SID or SERVICE_NAME.

there are couple of tricky things, that are not documented well, but it`s working.

Let me know, if you will need help.

Jan

Hi Jan,

If you can please advise what steps you did to get your Oracle to work with UCCX 8.x. And also if you can tell what were the tricky things you had to do that are not documented.

I am trying to setup a Oracle 10g with UCCX 8.x

Thanks.

Hi Jan,

I'm also running into the same situation. Trying to integrate UCCX 8.5 with Oracle 11g. The compatibility matrix now says UCCX 8.5 and Oracle 11g R2 is supported but does not mention anything about driver.

Can you please share with me your workaround?

Thanks!

Michael

Hi Jan,

I'll have to run the same situation with Oracle 10.

Can you share your knowledge? Thanks a lot!

Hi,

Jan has suffered a serious injury, unfortunately, and is unable to answer your question.

Anyway, JDBC downloads @ OTN:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/features/jdbc/index-091264.html

The JDBC URL depends on what you are using:

if SID:  jdbc:oracle:thin:[USER/PASSWORD]@[HOST][:PORT]:SID

if SERVICE: jdbc:oracle:thin:[USER/PASSWORD]@//[HOST][:PORT]/SERVICE

For instance, jdbc:oracle:thin:@//myhost:1521/service or jdbc:oracle:thin:@myhost:1521:sid.

You might want to talk to your Oracle admin to find out the SID or SERVICE.

If you have your own Oracle DB server, then you probably know it, but it's the tnsnames.ora file you're looking for.

G.

Thanks a lot.

A pot of luck for Jan.

Mario