Views
Helpful
Replies

Agent Abusing the CCE System

ln33147
Level 4
Level 4

Dear Members,

This is regarding a PCCE environment version 12.0 with Jabber soft phones.

One of the agents is abusing the system by making his status on Finesse as "Talking" whereas he's not on his desk.

Has anyone faced such a case or can advise on what could be happening?

Thanks

12 Replies 12

How are they doing this? Are they calling their cellphone and staying on the line? You could pull what calls he is placing and go from there.

I bet it is something like that. My all time favorite was the agent who called the break room phone and put it on mute so she didn't have to take calls for an hour or more!

If you have call recording I'd take a listen to that call. If you don't have call recording, look to see what direction the call was. Sometimes agents will call out like was mentioned below, or if it is a small team they'll do the opposite, call inbound like a normal caller, get the "right" person (sometimes themselves) on the line, and then keep the call going for a long time.

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Thinking out loud: does going off-hook on the endpoint without even placing a call trigger the Talking state or do they stay Ready until a call connects?

Hi @Jonathan Schulenberg , I just tried it with an IPCommunicator I have access to, and if I'm in Not Ready, and hit say the speakerphone icon, I go into Talking, when I hang up I go back to Not Ready.
@ln33147 , when you say the silent monitoring failed/call is not being recorded, you mean those things aren't set up. Or that if you listen to the agent at say 9am, they all work as expected, but if you listen to them when you think they are misbehaving, they don't work? How long are the states of these calls when it isn't working for the agent (like long phone calls or brief instances that are enough to reset their available time but that's it)?

ln33147
Level 4
Level 4

Dear All,

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

I forgot to mention that the call is not being recorded and when the supervisor tries to barge in, the silent monitoring failed.

I addition to the above, the agents have Jabber so they cannot go and stay off-hook.

Regards,

Do you see call reports for that agent for the said time frame? Do you see inbound or outbound call? 

Do they call themselves or have voicemail?

Regards,

Piyush

BLOG

ln33147
Level 4
Level 4

Dear All,

Please note the below:

- The is no data for in Termination Call Detail for when he's shown as talking.

- The duration he is staying as talking is around 15 minutes.

- There is no voice mail.

- Silent Monitoring is already setup and working just fine when he is on a call with a client, same teh recording.

When the supervisor goes to monitor these phantom calls and gets an error, what specific error do they see?
Also, have you activated Agent trace on the agent to see if that shows anything?
I assume you can't look at screen recording, only audio recording?
Does the agent only have the one ACD line, or do they have a personal line as well on their phone?

Hello Bill,

Please note the below:

- Here is the error when the silent monitoring failed: "Silent Monitoring failed. Agent does not have an active connection or already in Silent Monitor. Possible cause: agent call state is on hold. CTIError 1311100

- The agents only have one line.

- CUIC reports show nothing related to this agent when he appears as talking.

Hi, is it possible that while you have them set up as Jabber, they're still tied to a phone and could just be going off hook, similar to this posting?
https://community.cisco.com/t5/jabber/using-jabber-user-s-desk-phone-goes-off-hook/m-p/4085150

ln33147
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all,

We just noticed that the agent in question has a record in TCD table with CallDisposition equal to 60 that means “Router received a Network Error for a call targeting an agent before the call arrived to the agent”.

But at the same time, the agent had “Talking” status on Finesse, and the call is not recorded on Zoom.