cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASK THE EXPERTS - Cisco E-Mail and Web Interaction Manager

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to the Cisco Support Community Ask the Expert conversation. This is an opportunity to learn about CIM Version 4.3(1) and above with Cisco expert Kim Vogler. Kim is a customer support engineer and a member of the Cisco Contact Center team in the Technical Assistance Center (TAC).  She has been supporting the core components of the Unified Contact Center Enterprise product for 13 years.  She shares significant experience and depth of knowledge with all the core components of this product.

Remember to use the rating system to let Kim know if you have received an adequate response.

Kim might not be able to answer each question due to the volume expected during this event. Remember that you can continue the conversation on the Contact Center discussion forum shortly after the event. This event lasts through April 22, 2011. Visit this forum often to view responses to your questions and the questions of other community members.

17 Replies 17

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

Kim,

1. I'm looking for the Schema document for 4.3 and haven't been able to find it. I don't believe it's been released. Can you either point me to the Schema guide on CCO, or indicate when you expect it. The changes between 4.2 (which we have) and 4.3 are significant and we are struggling without the document.

2. When EIM has been in place for a while and we add another PG, and we want to create integrated agents on the second PG, EIM is not aware of the second PG (not seen in the drop down).

We had two PGs in place when EIM was installed and the integration wizard was run - and it shows both of them (when creating an integrated agent). One of these PGs it actually has nothing to do with, as there is no listener to that one - and there never will be. I'd actually like to remove it.

We recently added  a third PG which we will establish an EIM listener to, and EIM does not know about this one as yet. I imagine a row for the PG needs to be inserted in a table, but I've not been able to figure out which table.

Regards,

Geoff

kimv
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Geoff... thanks for your question(s).

Yes.  I understand that not having a database schema for a product that is so heavily dependant upon the database for administration and troubleshooting is difficult.  Truth is, there is no schema available for 4.3(x) and one is not forth coming.  *Unofficially* I will say there is talk that a document may be released for the 4.4(x) version, but an ETA is not even possible as the delivery of the doc is stil being discussed.

As for your additional Agent PG.  For CIM you are able to add up to 4 Peripherals for integration to a CTI server associated with an Agent PG.  You should be able to do this by adding an additional Application Path List for the new Agent PG.  Then add all the MRD-peripheral combinations for the new Agent PG to the application path member list.  Align the new Application  to the same Application Instance as  you only need one of those, but then list all your MRDs in the list for the new agent pg.  Once this is done you should be able to see the added Agent PG within CIM when pulling over new agents into the user list.

Let me know if that works for you.

Thx,

Kim

Kim,

Thanks for your reply. Regarding the schema, I guess I'll just have to do it the long way and dump the schema out of Management Studio.

Application Path List - of course, how remiss of me. Thanks for the advice - the Guide is a bit weak in the section on configuring additional Listeners, as it does not mention this. I'll work this through and get back to you.

Regards,

Geoff

Indeed.

Adding an Application Path on the new PG with Application Path Members on the EIM and EIM_Outbound Media Routing Domains immediately gave me access to the new PG when I went "New - Agent" and I could select agents living on that PG and create integrated users in EIM.

Thank you, Kim.

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Kim,

I started using the EIM 4.3(2) in last month. I have some question for you. Please help me.

1. Auto reply message can not display Vietnamese in auto reply  message. What I expect is the Unicode, but it send out with IOS-8859-1 charset by default.

2. I can not type the Vietnamese in the rule text box: like I want to classify email base on Subject (subject contain a vietnamese word). So I must copy the word from Microsoft Word and paste into the box.

--> will CIM support Vietnamese on next version?

3. The agent web loading is quite slow, will it be faster on next version?

4. Can we send a file or a picture via chat window btw agent and customer?

5. When we will have a single signed on because now agent must login 2 time for voice and email/chat?

6. Will CIM support multitenancy for UCC Hosted in the incoming version?

7. Are there any way to set that any email send out will automatically delete the last email contain? I want a pure new email only but agent doesn't have to manually delete the old contain before make a reply.

Thank you,

Thanh

Thanh

1. Auto reply message can not display Vietnamese in auto reply  message. What I expect is the Unicode, but it send out with IOS-8859-1 charset by default.

Answer : Currently Vietnamese is not supported.  The localized languages supported for CIM 4.3(2) are; Chinese (Simplified), Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, Swedish, Brazilian Portuguese, Portuguese, and Russian. NOTE: Chinese (Simplified), Japanese, and Korean user interfaces require operating systems in corresponding languages.

2. I can not type the Vietnamese in the rule text box: like I want to classify email base on Subject (subject contain a Vietnamese word). So I must copy the word from Microsoft Word and paste into the box.

Answer : see above list of currently supported local languages.

-> will CIM support Vietnamese on next version?

Answer : I have searched internal WIKI sites and don't see that language mentioned.  However that does not mean it is not on the roadmap.  I do not have a definitive list of the future features or supported languages.  And truthfully, even if I did have a list of proposed updates I wouldn't be able to comment on them as testing will determine what is finalized and released.  I suggest you mention this to your Cisco Account team and have them enter a PERS (enhancement request) to make certain that support of that language is on the roadmap.

3. The agent web loading is quite slow, will it be faster on next version?

Answer : Can't really answer that one unless we know why you are experiencing slowness.  There are a lot of reasons for slowness and the cause should be fully investigated before we can measure one version over the other.  Not all customers experience slow loading of the Agent UI.  I suggest you open a TAC Case for this question.

4. Can we send a file or a picture via chat window btw agent and customer?
Currently, No.  You can push a web page using the following instruction;

Sending Web Pages to Customers - During a chat session you can send web pages to customers. You can send web pages only for those chats that come through the entry points for which your administrator has enabled page pushing.

To send a web page to the customer:

1. In the Information pane, go to the Cobrowse section.

2. In the Cobrowse toolbar, in the Address box, type the URL of the page you want to send to the customer. 

If your administrator has configured any quick links, you can use them to quickly send the web page to the customer. In the Cobrowse toolbar, from the Quick Links button, select the URL of the page you want to view.

Select a URL - The page is displayed in the Cobrowse section of the Information pane. If this section is configured in the pop-up mode, the web page opens in the pop-up window.

3. In the Cobrowse toolbar, click the Send Page button. The customer receives this page and views its contents.

4. To send another page, repeat steps 2-4.

If the administrator has blocked any web pages then you cannot send them to the customer. The blocked pages do not get pushed to the customer, but you can view them in your view port.

5. When we will have a single signed on because now agent must login 2 time for voice and email/chat?

Answer - Single sign on is currently available. I can direct you to two documents.  I will also give you a caveat to research this as much as you can and possibly test it in a lab environment.

Here is why... CAD User Guide, page 61 states, "The integrated browser is not a version of Microsoft Internet Explorer. While the integrated browser and Internet Explorer share the underlying operating systems browser engine, there are many features that are part of Internet Explorer (such as tabbed browsing) that are not available to the integrated browser."

This guide also states... Your administrator can configure specific web pages to display in each browser tab. If the administrator does not do this, the tab is blank.

The problem that I have seen is that pop-up dialog boxes used for CIM open as "about:blank" as they open in TABs in CAD 8.0

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/ipcc_enterprise/ipccenterprise8_0_1/user/guide/cad80cceug.pdf

This appears to contrast with the fairly generic statement within the CIM documentation noted here...

CIM 4.3.2 SRND, page 15 states, "The ability for agents to launch Cisco Interaction
Manager within CAD Embedded Browser, and work with email, chat, and voice using a unified interface.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/cisco_interaction_manager/cim_43/design/guide/im431srnd.pdf

I strongly suggest that if you choose to use CAD for your single sign-on application for CIM and Cisco_Voice by accessing the CIM Agent UI via the embedded browser.

Answer : Explain in more detail what you mean by this question.  CIM currently supported multiple Departments which can be as separate and/or as shared as you intend.

7. Are there any way to set that any email send out will automatically delete the last email contain? I want a pure new email only but agent doesn't have to manually delete the old contain before make a reply.

Answer : No.  There is currently no method for "deleting" an email at all.  To do so you need to archive the activities and then purge them to remove them.

Thanks,

Kim

Hi Kim,

Thank you very much for your reply!

I just get some customer requests for doing customization on Cisco template chat windows like: change the display window, make some authentication on user to chat, bill or charge customer for chat time, ...and so on.
Please let me know any developer document available for download! Or if I want to do the customization, I will contact with Cisco or eGain?

Thanh: for single sign on, I mean only press one button or one UI for voice/email/chat. Not like the CAD with the embedded browser there. Actually, we need to login 2 times for 2 system ICM and CIM.

Answer : Explain in more detail what you mean by this question.  CIM currently supported multiple Departments which can be as separate and/or as shared as you intend.

Thanh: for this question, I mean can 01 CIM connect to multiple ICM system via their PG?

Thanh;

All that is customizable within CHAT is documented here;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/cisco_interaction_manager/cim_43/user/guide/cisco_im431_cce_userguide_administration_chat.pdf

Page 23.

Anything beyond that I'd recommend contacting eGain and requesteing professional services assistance.  The link to request such a service is here; http://www.egain.com/resellers/

There is currently no available API for developer document available.

To your other questions;

Q. When we will have a single signed on because now agent must login 2 time for voice and email/chat?

Thanh: for single sign on, I mean only press one button or one UI for voice/email/chat. Not like the CAD with the embedded browser there. Actually, we need to login 2 times for 2 system ICM and CIM.

Q. Will CIM support multitenancy for UCC Hosted in the incoming version?

Thanh: for this question, I mean can 01 CIM connect to multiple ICM system via their PG?

I can answer both of these questions with the same comment; I really don't know.  Anything that is "on the roadmap" for CIM I wouldn't be able to comment on until there is a firm commitment to have it be in the next release or a planned release.  I can tell you that to attempt to answer this for you I have searched an internal link (Wiki) that has a map of enhanced features that are being planned for future releases.  PLEASE DON'T ASK ME TO COMMENT ON THESE as I am not able to, but I can tell you the two items you list above are not on this list.  Therefore my best answer would be for you to contact your Cisco account team and request an enhancement (PERS) request be entered for the functionality you require.  This, of course, does not mean that the function will be added.  However, it does mean that hte functionality will be considered and possibly provided in a future release.

Sorry, not much of an answer on those two points, but best answer I am able to give.

Thanks for your question(s);
Kim

matthewpage
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Kim

1. Are you able to let us know of any new features that may end up in 4.3.4?

2. Is there a published API guide for CIM? It seems that if you want to use any custom Java nodes in your work flows you have to get Egain to do this for you.

3. When will CIM be supported in a VMWare environment? If you purchase CIM through Egain this is already supported which is pretty strange.

Thanks,

Matt

Hello Matt,

1. Are you able to let us know of any new features that may end up in  4.3.4?

Answer : No, not really.  I can tell you if items are on the "road map" for future release but I need to be extremely careful of mentioning what , if any the version or ETA would be.  This is because items, if non-essential to the functioning of the product may be bumped to the next release of code if testing is not successful while the new version is in QA.  I just can't qualify any type of question regarding new features.

2. Is there a published API guide for CIM? It seems that  if you want to use any custom Java nodes in your work flows you have to  get Egain to do this for you.

Answer : No.  These types of requests need to continue to go through eGain; http://www.egain.com/resellers/ .

3. When will CIM be supported in a  VMWare environment? If you purchase CIM through Egain this is already  supported which is pretty strange.

Answer : I can tell you that VMWare support is on the roadmap.  What version, I can't confirm.  I will also say that the eGain product that you can purchase straight from eGain is a wholy different product.  Although the CIM product that Cisco offeres is built from particular version of eGain, the two products are separate and not interchangeable at all.  Individual testing must be completed by Cisco and eGain for VMWare support against CIM specifically even though the eGain version 9 or version 10 product may support it.

Kind Regards,

Kim

Is there a technical reason for the CIM no longer supporting CCX ?

Will eGain direct products integrate to CCX ?

kimv
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Question : Is there a technical reason for  the CIM no longer supporting CCX ?

Answer : Not that I nkow of.  Truthfully, I'm not aware of the reason for stoping CCX integration with CIM at version 4.2(5).  Not a decision that was generally shared throughout the organization.

Question : Will eGain direct products  integrate to CCX ?

Answer : No, unless there is some integration that can be provided directly by eGain via their Professional Services team which would only be supported directly from eGain.  However, I have no knowledge of what types of offerings they may be able to provide you.  I will tell you that although the eGain product is what Cisco's product offering is based off of, the two are not the same.  The product that Cisco provides is specifically customized for Cisco.  I'm afraid that the only other option for our UCCX customers is to install CIM in a standalone deployment in order to take advantage of the newer 4.3(x) and soon 4.4(x) versions.

I see 5 or so recent EIM posts, which Kim is answering; but those questions should be in this thread that the moderator created. It's rolled to page 2 - we need the "sticky" concept on this forum. In the absence of that, I'm bumping it.

Regards,

Geoff

Hi, Geoff.

Actually, those were old unanswered EIM threads that Kim was responding to, just to have the solutions/answers documented in the forum.  That's why they showed up outside this Ask the Expert Event thread.

But thanks for the bump!  It's best to keep this thread visible, at least on Page 1!

-Paulo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: