cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can WxCC Desktop check Agent's phone status before delivering call.

mrvoipstuff
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. Using Teams client as Agent's extension for the Webex contact centre. Is there a way for WxCC to know Teams client is on an active call and change status on WxCC Desktop from Available to Engaged (or alternative) if Agent's phone is busy on Teams call. Not just with Teams even if I use my Webex Calling extension I've used to login to WxCC and place a normal call out or receive a call - WxCC does not recognize that call and keeps the agent status Available. When there's a customer call this results in WxCC desktop trying to call the agent who is busy and results in RONA event. Is there a setting for this ? 

In UCCX it would keep a track of phone state and change status in Finesse accordingly. So call would stay queued and not ring on Agent's device.  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

b.winter
VIP
VIP

WxCC doesn't work like UCCX.
UCCX has a CTI integration, which can monitor the devices and their status.

WxCC just uses a normal SIP call, to deliver the incoming WxCC call to the agent.

In short: no, there is no option.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

b.winter
VIP
VIP

WxCC doesn't work like UCCX.
UCCX has a CTI integration, which can monitor the devices and their status.

WxCC just uses a normal SIP call, to deliver the incoming WxCC call to the agent.

In short: no, there is no option.

thanks for confirming

I concur with what @b.winter wrote. AFAIK WxCC does not have the functionality/capability to check the call state of any none CC calls that the agent might be in.

Response Signature

To confirm, as Cisco states, WxCC is PBX agnostic. However, they mention the possibility of future options where WxCC can detect phone status if integrated with Webex Calling. Nevertheless, we must wait for this functionality to become available as they haven't provided a timeline for its release.

Regards,

Shalid 

Disclaimer:

Responses are based on personal knowledge and experience. Consider them as guidance. Other members may offer different perspectives or better approaches. No responsibility is assumed for outcomes; discretion is advised.

gkovanis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello @mrvoipstuff, what is mentioned already in this thread is correct.

If I may add, status sync between Webex App and Webex Contact Center Desktop is expected to become available as a feature in the next few months, after which changes in Webex (e.g. a non CC call) will update the status in the agent's desktop as well.

You can see the feature in the Coming Soon part of the What's New in Webex Contact Center page (titled "Synchronization of Webex Calling state with Webex Contact Center state"), and you can monitor the page to see when the feature will become available.

Kind Regards,
George

thank you so much gkovanis. I've bookmarked that link now. very useful to know and good incentive for customers to consider WxCalling when deploying WxCC.