Views
Helpful
Replies

CCX script error

TrickTrick
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I've managed to create scripts before, but seems that i'm stuck to finnish a basic one. 

I'm trying to create a script which will have only one Queue without any filter options to choose from after listening to the main prompt, I want it as follows  : 

Welcome prompt 

Select a ressource from the queue

if : connected == Call is taken by an agent)

else : call hold / unhold & and play  the Wait_in_queue_prompt 

This order seems logic to me, but somehow it doesn't work, i'm used to use menus to make it work, but in this case I don't want the caller to select any number in his keypad to get someone. just a welcome prompt ==> queued call or connected instantly 

unfortunately can't use debug to see where it gets stuck (connected anonymously) because i'm not in client's office right now 

script screenshot in the attachments sectio

Thank you

15 Replies 15

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you’re connected anonymously, what’s the error you’re referring to? The default script/prompt? Other than a missing Delay step between hold/unhold I do not see a glaring problem there. Perhaps the CSQ variable doesn’t match what’s built, including case sensitivity?

Hi Jonathan,
I'm referring to the Audio error when I try to make test call, for exmaple I call the trigger number and i get the message "I'm sorry we are currently experiencing a system problem ....."
for the delay between hold and unhold, I have the same thing in another script and works without any problem, I will add it anyway to avoid problems
CSQ name in the script is exactly the same in CCX (all letters uppercase)
agents are logged in, and this new skill has been added to the existing team...i still have a doubt that something is wrong in the script

the only difference between this CSQ and other CSQs i'm used to apply, is that in this one I use "Resource skills" instead of "resource group", and I have already put this skill in every single agent I want 

Hello Trick Trick,

how about your wave file name, format etc,  i just thought about since debug break at your screenshot on play prompt session.  

Regards,

Shalid 

The reason you can be missing the delay step and it still works is because your play prompt inside the queue loop, is playing music. your call hold/unhold is doing literally nothing, and in fact, causes a LOT of network traffic for UCCX and CUCM to keep allocating and deallocating MOH resources. Just deleted the two hold/unhold steps and play the prompt music only. Don't add the delay, else you'll just end up playing two music sources in that loop.

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Since you are getting the system problems message right away, debugging the script in the editor would likely not even work, because the script is most likely failing to load.

I presume you also do not have access to the logs then? This would tell you pretty clearly what your problem is.

In lieu of having access to the system, just do a Tools > Validate on the script. Most likely your script is failing validation.

Also, it should be noted, that what script version the application is processing, and what script version you're looking at, can be different, so just be 100% positive you're looking at the correct copy/version of the script the system has loaded up into memory.

Like Jon said, I don't really see much wrong with the screenshot you sent, outside of missing the delay step between the two hold/unhold steps, but I addressed that in the other reply I gave. Which tells me you might have a non-valid script.

the Script is validated successfully no issue but still feel like something is not respected in that script which gives the error
can you explain to me what do you mean by : "it should be noted, that what script version the application is processing, and what script version you're looking at, can be different"

Say for example you create a brand new script and assign it to your application. You call it and it works. Then, you save a change to the script to play an initial prompt, but you don't hear it when you call your app again. You re-open your script to confirm you saved that edit in there, and sure enough it's in there. What's happening? The script that has been loaded into memory, is the original script, and you need to tell the system to replace it, with the newly changed one. You can do this in two ways: update the app, refresh the app. However, neither method will ensure/confirm that the script loaded into memory, is the one you think it is. You can only do that with a reactive debug, or by looking at the logs. Also, I have clicked refresh on an application before and it held on to the old version of a script, causing me to have to refresh it again. This issue can lead you to chase a red herring.

Ah, I see your point. I can say that I pay attention to that every time
I think i'm close to locate the issue, I found out that every time there's a menu in the script it works, when I remove it, it doesn't work... for the purpose I have right now I should not use a menu since the caller will not choose a menu, all I want is a welcome prompt .. and put the caller in hold if all the agents are busy, that's what I tried to translate in the script, is there any way to avoid using the menu but still make it work ?

Hi there

If you dont mind, can you just outline your complete call flow you need, for a better understanding

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!
***Please rate helpful posts***

Hello Ratheesh,
As I mentioned above, my need is simple :
once a call pulls the trigger :
play the welcome prompt
call will be taken by an agent if free
call will be on hold ( play MOH prompt) if busy
tha's it, i've worked on more difficult script but this simple one is tricky for me since i don't want any menu in the script (I mean by menu : press 1, press 2 ...)

I'd be curious to know how you setup the menu, and where you put it, in order to affect the script. Seems to me like the extra time/delay for processing the menu might be the factor. Can you post a screenshot of your script when you put the menu in it?  We might be able to move the delay to just after the accept step, a common practice, though not required.

Also, let me just assure you that you do not need a menu for this to work. In fact, here is the most basic script to send a caller to queue to hold for an Agent, albeit without music, all in only 3 steps!

Accept (--Triggering Contact--)
Select Resource (--Triggering Contact-- from "HelpDesk")
  Connected
  Queued
    Delay 43200 sec

Thats right, just need this

icd.PNG

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!
***Please rate helpful posts***

It's funny cause this is exactly the script I created in the start if you take a look into the attachments in the OP
I'm not even getting the first prompt played, i Think i'll create a new one from scratch, maybe something in the variables is not correctly configured

a screenshot of the script can be found in the attachments (you can notice that i've deleted all the prompt, just to test the routing aspect)

Queue name is masked intentionally

as I said before, putting that menu solves the issue, but the caller should press 1 for example to proceed, while I don't need any interaction with the caller, just a welcome prompt, and queue prompt if everybody is busy

i'll try to put a higher delay in the start and see  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: