Replies

cisco cucm how to redirect all inbounds calls from A number to B numbe

nrscosta
Level 1
Level 1
How to redirect all inbounds calls from A number to B number

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I will go with a translation pattern for 123456 and use the number 54321 as the called party transform mask. Please ensure that you are choosing the correct partition and calling search space

ShalidKurunnanChalil_0-1705916962086.png

Here, you are not making any changes to 54321, so normal calls to 54321 will still progress without any issue.

Regards,

Shalid 

Disclaimer:

Responses are based on personal knowledge and experience. Consider them as guidance. Other members may offer different perspectives or better approaches. No responsibility is assumed for outcomes; discretion is advised.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

That would be Call Forward All (configured along with a Calling Search Space for CFWDALL) on the Directory Number of A. Or are you talking about a different scenario?

Maren

Hi There. 

Apologies for the confusion earlier; I misunderstood the query in the first instance and have now edited my response accordingly

as @Maren Mahoney mentioned, call forward all (softkey - CFWDALL ) will be the solution. To configure this, From the IP phone, you may find the CFWDALL softkey, followed by typing your destination number. It is subject to your administrator not having removed the softkey, and you having sufficient permissions (calling search space) configured on your Call Manager.

But if you are referring to forwarding a number that is not a Cisco IP phone extension, then it needs to be done at the CUCM level by creating an entity/pattern. This could be a translation pattern, directory number, etc 

Regards.

Shalid 

Disclaimer:

Responses are based on personal knowledge and experience. Consider them as guidance. Other members may offer different perspectives or better approaches. No responsibility is assumed for outcomes; discretion is advised.

To add to what others have already replied you should know that the term A and B numbers can be somewhat inappropriate terms to use as in the telephony world A number equals to Calling number and B number equals to Called number, so using that terminology might mean different things to whomever that is reading the post.

Response Signature

There are different ways to redirect the call. You can use the phone soft key buttons or the CUCM phone page. You can also set up a translation rule to send all calls from A to B. This can be done either from CUCM or the gateway.

To get a better answer, please give more details about your requirement.

Response Signature

nrscosta
Level 1
Level 1

I appreciate all the answers and I will check them carefully. 

and ok, yes, the case was not presented in the most correct way.
My apologies for that.

This is a request in which it is necessary that all inbound calls that reach number 123456 are redirected to number 54321, where this number will receive, in addition to normal calls to the same number, it will also receive all calls to number 12345 .

Thanks for the support

I will go with a translation pattern for 123456 and use the number 54321 as the called party transform mask. Please ensure that you are choosing the correct partition and calling search space

ShalidKurunnanChalil_0-1705916962086.png

Here, you are not making any changes to 54321, so normal calls to 54321 will still progress without any issue.

Regards,

Shalid 

Disclaimer:

nrscosta
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @Shalid Kurunnan Chalil 

that's what i did

Once again, thanks for your help

Regards,

NC