cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ECE Delayed Call back error system cannot assign an agent to the request

thanvi2001
Level 1
Level 1

I have configured ece delayed call back entry point, mapped to default cisco voice delayed  call back queue, and scriptselector mapped and it is mapped to call type and icm script and skill group to node (routing) like normal dialer script.

Agent logged in Finesse and call the delayed call back entry point filled the form. however the form returns the error system cannot assign an agent to the request.

I can't import other cisco voice MRD/ DN /script selector for queues.  Does it support only default voice queue in the ece ?

Is there any configuration missing ? how and where i can find the logs or any specific ece service like chat and email.

UCCE 11.5 and ECE 11.6

Appreciated any help .

6 Replies 6

Omar Deen
Spotlight
Spotlight

There's a few things to consider when it comes to ECE Callbacks

• You don't have to use the Default Voice Queue in ECE, in fact, I would recommend never using any of the default queues. You're correct in that you cannot import a script selector configured on the Cisco_Voice MRD, but that's due to how the MRD is. What you do instead is create a new ECE Queue (within ECE that is) and your Script Selector will appear in the Script Selector drop down selection. Make sure the Type is Unified CCE, Media Routing Domain is Cisco_Voice and then finish off by selecting your Script Selector. With your Queue created, you can then create an Entry Point where you can select your new Callback Queue as the Queue for the Entry Point. Make the Agent Availability Not Required for better results.
  • You mentioned that you're sending this to a Skill Group. Make sure that Skill Group is configured on the same Agent PG as ECE is (what was setup in the App Path/List)
  • One big thing that trips people up is the dial plan. Remember that CVP isnt making this call, it's the PG. So if your environment requires a 1 or a 9 or any other digit prepended to dial OUT, then you need to make some changes on your end - preferably, CUCM for only these kinds of calls.
  • Since this invokes the Agent PG, there will be no VRU treatment - so don't expect VXML applications to work, however, you could use App Gateways

Forgot to mention... in regards to the dial plan, you could also do something within the template. By default, country codes are enabled (Us and UK) and will prepend 001 (if US). I'd recommend going into the template and editing the eGainLiveConfig.js file and changing the value of useCountryCode from 1 to 0.

You can also query the Route_Call_Detail table and see what the value is for the ANI to see if it looks right to you.

Hi Omar, first of thank you very much for detailed explanation.

I did all the configuration like in the post, able to see the records in TCD/RCD etc however it still returns the error  "system cannot assign an agent to the request"

RCD shows router error code 64 and TCD call disposition 7 (short call).  Rechecked the DN to calltype to script mapping, all well in place.

As said, call triggers to call manager, assuming for DN, pim should be call manager pim ? or call is through the dialer pim ?

Like said i edited the prefix dialing in egainLiveConfig and route pattern is available in the call manage and able to make call through IP phone.

for my curiosity, will it dial the customer or check the agent availability  first ?

Appreciated if you can light some more troubleshooting steps or snap of icm scripting will be good.

Having the same issue. Any luck figuring out what the cause was? Thanks!

Robert W. Rogier
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi all,

One thing that you should definitely check is that you've included the ECE Routing Client in the Agent Targeting Rule. In Finesse, does the agent actually get the Pre-Call indicator? When the MRD configuration has been missed, you'll see the agent (on the voice tab) switch quickly between Reserved and Ready/Not Ready.

Below is a diagram of how Callback works with ECE. Notice, as stated above, that it is CUCM that places the call after being instructed by the PG. The PIM is the Agent PG PIM. The dialer and VRU are not a part of this flow. The answer to your question about order, the agent will be located, then the call is placed. The call is made by CUCM using the agent's phone, so really, it looks like an outbound call to CUCM from a phone. Let me know if you still are not able to get this working.

Callback.png

Robert W. Rogier
Technical Consulting Engineer – Contact Center Enterprise
E2E Lead | Subject Matter Expert – ECE, CCMP, CCDM
Phone: +1 919 574 5993
Email: rorogier@cisco.com
Business Hours: 8AM to 5PM ET

DO you have configuration doc to setup webcallback, 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: