cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco PCCE , how to re-route the script to specific node

kavle
Level 3
Level 3

I am building a UCCE script , My requirement is I want to use "Goto script " object and from there I want to route the script from specific node not from the start , is this possible 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I've never seen a script be slow really. I think that after 900 nodes real time display will not update all the paths, but your scripts should really never be that big. If you're using microapps find logical breaking points and make "modules". Also, try to use dynamic call typing and queueing as much as you can to reduce the number of nodes in a script.

david

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Yes, it's very much possible. In Go To Script if you want to play any run external script just set the media server, lib , etc..set variables based on where you want to fetch the prompts like IIS, and Tomcat. If simple send to queue to SG, the label just set only the required nodes only.

Regards,
Ram.S

Yes, although not quite how you may want.
So in script A, let's say the last node you hit before your Goto script node was that it set the call type as Call Type ABCD.
In script B (your Goto script), you can make the first node after the Start node be an IF node to check the call type of the call. If it is call type ABCD, you can then direct that to the specific spot in script B you want the call to hit. If it isn't call type ABCD, the call can progress as normal.
That's what you're looking for, right?
If so, there are other ways you could do it as well (look at contents of the variables for instance that might be set), but that's one way that comes to mind.

As a follow up to Bill's response, if you have many alternatives, then instead of using 5 "IF" nodes, you can use the CLID node to simplify the ICM script. It doesn't require you to have the data in the CLID, it allows you to select the variable you want to check. It's like the CallerEnteredDigits node, but more flexible.

Bring in a CLID node in script2. Connect it to the 5 (say) destinations, then open it.

To configure it, use the 2nd tab and select the variable that has the info you are checking (for example, PV1 or user.microapp.FromExtVXML[0], etc).

Then in its 1st tab, you can select the value the variable should have in order to continue down each of the 5 paths.

The key here is that all the ICM variables retain their value when you use the GOTO script node.

kavle
Level 3
Level 3

thank you very much for your replies that really helped me.. What i was looking for is to have one common RONA script for the Main scripts . Juts like if no Answer call should go to script B from A and return to my PQ node directly on to Script A back  and not from the START node .

I have one additional question if you dont mind .

my test calls are keep dropping after it hits the "Run external Script " Node , out of 10 around only 2 or 3 are successful 

I have my Audio file placed in CVP (location - C:\inetpub\wwwroot\en-us\app) .

is there a way to know why its happening like that , any logs if we can see would be great .

You can look on the CVP Server in the C:\cisco\cvp\logs - look in the
error.date.log or the cvp.date.log

@kavle wrote:

thank you very much for your replies that really helped me.. What i was looking for is to have one common RONA script for the Main scripts . Juts like if no Answer call should go to script B from A and return to my PQ node directly on to Script A back  and not from the START node .

Don't try to do this, it's going to make your life a mess. Either pass on the skill name in the PV and then reque it in your RONA script or handle the RONA inside every script. You shouldn't be doing anything crazy after a call RONAs. Up the priority, maybe call type it and send it back in to queue ASAP.

david

Hi David -- you are right sir .. I am not doing that crazy thing .

I am passing the RONA calls within the script and working as needed.

but my concern was having too many nodes in a single script will cause the script slowness ?

or it is totally irrelevant... 

I've never seen a script be slow really. I think that after 900 nodes real time display will not update all the paths, but your scripts should really never be that big. If you're using microapps find logical breaking points and make "modules". Also, try to use dynamic call typing and queueing as much as you can to reduce the number of nodes in a script.

david

kavle
Level 3
Level 3

I got it , thank you very much !!