cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Contact Center - Track callers selection

atashcraft
Level 1
Level 1

I have a question on how to track the caller selection within a queue, when the queue has more then 10 options for the caller to select from. I currently have ECC setup but some of the options it will not track.

I am using UCCX v12.5.1.11001-348 (SU1-ES03)

13 Replies 13

You could store the callers selection in the CallerEnteredDigits variable. If you update the contact with that info, it should be available in the reporting database.

Dmytro Benda
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello atashkraft, 

What do you mean by saying "track the caller selection within a queue"? Can you please provide more details about it? 

I would like to know if the caller selected option 1, 2, 3, or 4 before being routed to an agent. 

Ok, would you like to show this value on the Finesse Agent Desktop? Or do you need the script to save it somewhere or send it via email? 

I would like to send this output to a script. 

Dmytro Benda
Spotlight
Spotlight

All right, let's say you have Menu like "Press 1 for Sales, Press 2 for Support, Press 3 for Account". Then in the UCCX script you will use a Menu step with the following branches

Menu
  1-Sales
     Set var1 = 1
  2-Support
     Set var2 = 2
  3-Account
     Set var3 = 3

With this configuration in every branch of the menu you use a Set step, that assigns the appropriate variable value. If you pressed 1, then Set will assign the value 1 to var1 (variable1), if you press 2, then the var2 is set to 2 and so on. 

Then you can use this var1, var2, var3 in your script. Is this what you are looking for? 

Sort of, I already have my script configured this way. My issue is that the Call Custom Variables Report will only allow you to see var1 - var10. What if I need to show var1 - var20? 

Maybe, it is not possible to see in the reports the values of var11-20. If I understood it correctly, in the Set Enterprise Call Info you configured var1-10 as Call.Variable1-10, and var11-20 you tried to represent as ECC variables, right? 

But Cisco developer forum says this unfortunately (the link is below):
"While the Cisco pre-defined enterprise call variables are all written to the db_cra database and thus can be used in reporting, the ECC call variables are not written to the db_cra dabase and cannot be used in Cisco Unified CCX reporting."

https://developer.cisco.com/docs/contact-center-express/#!using-cisco-pre-defined-enterprise-call-variables/using-cisco-predefined-enterprise-call-variables

You can use the customvarible1 as both 1 and 11, customvaribale2 as var 2 and 12 etc, if you use the token.

Then in your report the var1 and var11 is separate with the | 

var1 | var11

tokens.png

Hope that make sense

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Thomas G. J.

Great advise, Thomas, thanks. I didn't even think to offer the Tokens. Yes, this could be a way out for atashcraft. 

garry.engle
Level 1
Level 1

We use unique triggers to track IVR choice. Then it's trackable in CUIC reporting pulls for called numbers.

Actually - If you only use one custom Variable, then you can put in the customer choice in that one field.

Normally i use one CustomVariable to track what the customer has pressed in the IVR. If there are sub menu i use the token to seperate the menu choices

So lets say you use Custom Variable 1

The customer press 5

update the customVariable 1 with 5 on token position 0.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Thomas G. J.

I agree with @Thomas G. Johannesen on this. Just pick one variable. Otherwise your reporting will be challenging. Custom variable 1 - 10, or CallerEnteredDigits are both good choices.