cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Courtesy Call Back Reporting on CUBE Limit Hit

akamnitzer
Level 1
Level 1

We are utilizing CCB in our environment with CUBE and multiple and load balanced CVP/VXML (11.6).

A request came to me to try to answer for CCB NOT offered per limits set on the CUBE(s) during a possible high volume experience. So far, I have not found where I can isolate that information. There has to be something telling the system not to offer CCB to a caller if the limit is hit, I just need help finding where that information might be hiding.

To reiterate, this isn't a question regarding how many calls are offered, but how do I find how many calls are not offered because of the limits set on the CUBE. I'm new to this feature and I'll gladly accept any insight! :)

6 Replies 6

VitthalThutte
Level 1
Level 1

There is no any limit on gateway for CCB offer. Its totally depends on the T1/E1 used for out-calling.

There is setting in CVP operation console to limit Maximum number of calls per calling number.

What exactly are you looking for? You specify the number of trunks available for CCB on the CUBE based on the configuration you set up. So if you set 100 trunks for instance but get 1000 calls, you should only be offering CCB to those 100 that you have capacity for, unless I am misunderstanding you.

The CCB Entry application log should give you what you need?

Konstantin Vaksin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
From UCCE perspective, you can’t figure out how many calls are in ccb, but you can find how many calls are in the Q right now and according to the result offer or not to offer call back.

CCB is designed to be offered during high call volume, when your agents are not capable to handle the load. System will calculate EWT (Estimated Wait Time) and if it is higher of some number CCB will be offered. Usually it has to be higher than 2-3 minutes.

To schedule callback it will get up to 30-40 seconds and after that it will take another 15-20 second to confirm, that call back is still needed

Kostia

Thank you! I feel like I could have worded my inquiry better.

Leadership over the team that utilizes CCB in their call flow is asking how they can see reporting during high volume where we've hit the trigger for CCB, and we have set the maximum number of calls being offered CCB to 50. While additional calls or callers who refuse CCB would continue to the agent queue normally, they want to have a count for caller number 51 and up who were not offered CCB during that time frame.

Is it possible to report on the number of calls that come in while CCB is maxed out and specifically know how many were not offered and/or refused? 

The short answer is yes, but you'd have to likely make changes to your Callback_Entry script.

So not sure how that might be customized for you today, but you could do something like set a variable that gets returned with the call to CCE indicating "CCB not offered/not available" that you report off of. Basically, any of the calls not making it to the offering of the CCB portion of your application.

Or you could set a variable in a specific element in the Callback_Entry application and use CVP reporting to see how many calls hit it (assuming you have CVP detail reporting enabled, etc.).

I would likely go with the UCCE reporting option myself due to the restrictions/limitations of CVP reporting.

There is no sene in that requirement, as it will not save your CUBE resources...

You have classic Comprehensive Call Flow with Ingress GW and VXML GW/VVB

When call is in the Q RTP will be established between Ingress GW and VXML GW/VVB.

When you schedule CCB, it will instruct Ingress GW to disconnect incoming call leg on it. Outgoing call leg (between Ingress GW and VXML GW/VVB) will stay active.

When there will be time to get caller on the call, Ingress GW will be instructed to place outgoing call and it will be connected to the active call leg, that is kept from the beginning

Kostia
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: