cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUIC: duplicate values in custom call variables report

floatingpurr
Level 1
Level 1

I'm on a CUIC bundled with CCX 12.0.1.10000-24. When I run the "custom call variables report" I see duplicate values in the report. Here is an example of the problem in action:

cuic.png

As you can notice, some rows are duplicated more times. To be more clear, those custom variables come from 2 distinct set enterprise call info steps in a CCX script. In particular, the first set enterprise call info step sets custom var 1 and 2 according to the date and time of a call. A second set enterprise call info sets var 4 to the key pressed in a menu step as it is described here.

Why does this happen and how can I fix? 

EDIT:

Querying the DBMS, it looks like sessions are not duplicated.

admin:run uccx sql db_cra select * from ContactRoutingDetail where sessionID='20000045046'
SESSIONID SESSIONSEQNUM NODEID PROFILEID QINDEX ORIGPRIORITY FINALPRIORITY QUEUETIME STARTDATETIME
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
20000045046 0 1 1 1 1 1 71 2021-03-05 15:31:55.234

And again:

admin:run uccx sql db_cra select sessionID,customVariable2,customVariable3,customVariable4 from ContactCallDetail where sessionID='20000045046'
SESSIONID	CUSTOMVARIABLE2	CUSTOMVARIABLE3	CUSTOMVARIABLE4
---------------------------------------------------------
20000045046	3/5/21	4:31 PM	Key 1

Maybe the duplicates come from a bad join query...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

floatingpurr
Level 1
Level 1

A side note about that:
Also Cisco "uses" the set enterprise call info + Call Custom Variables Report to do the trick (see here: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/customer-collaboration/unified-contact-center-express/212485-configure-uccx-to-show-options-selected.html)

Unfortunately, duplications are a major problem in this report.

EDIT

Just found the duplication problem!

It comes from the AgentConnectionDetail table. Here, there is a record for each agent the same call is passed to (before the answer)! No idea about how I can get rid of this.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

floatingpurr
Level 1
Level 1

A side note about that:
Also Cisco "uses" the set enterprise call info + Call Custom Variables Report to do the trick (see here: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/customer-collaboration/unified-contact-center-express/212485-configure-uccx-to-show-options-selected.html)

Unfortunately, duplications are a major problem in this report.

EDIT

Just found the duplication problem!

It comes from the AgentConnectionDetail table. Here, there is a record for each agent the same call is passed to (before the answer)! No idea about how I can get rid of this.

If you are making a custom report your can check for talktime > 0 on the agent. Then you will only get the record where the call has been answered (And not RONA calls)

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Thomas G. J.

Hi @Thomas G. Johannesen! Thanx for your hint. This is a very good idea to filter out noisy data about RONA. I'm on CUIC 12.0.1.10000.24, so I should be able to customize reports. However, If I create a new report from scratch starting from the Call Custom Variables Report definition, I cannot see the field talktime.

Is there a way to integrate such information in the report and use it for filtering?

Edit: I was mistaken.

As per the docs, even in version 12.0 you need a standalone version of the CUIC in order to create custom reports. They say:

"To create new custom Historical reports, you need to install a Standalone Unified Intelligence Center with premium license."

I'm wondering whether the Premium license of the CCX is enough or not. Maybe they are referring to a CUIC-based premium license. 

The Standalone CUIC for uccx is not license by itself, so if you have a uccx premium this will work.

I also think that you have to find the SP that the Custom Variable use, and make a new one and use that istead (where your filter the talktime).

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Thomas G. J.

Looks like it's a long way and operations into the DBMS (e.g., custom SP) are also involved... is there any example/tutorial on how to do that?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: