Helpful
Replies

EIM - Default Exception Queue

lohjintiam
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all,

EIM v9.0.2.4, UCCE v10.5.1

I'm having a reoccurring issue where all emails are initially routed to the proper queue but after exactly an hour / 2 hours, they are moved to default exception queue (since there are no available agents). We have set both the wait time & MRD max duration to a high value (2163000 secs).

Any ideas?

Thanks!

-JT-

22 Replies 22

Was this working previously, or is it a new setup?

Have you adjusted the "MaxTimeInQueue" registry setting on the Router? You can find it here:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cisco Systems, Inc.\ICM\[instance name]\RouterA\Router\CurrentVersion\Configuration\Queuing

Make sure you have adjusted this on both A side and B side.

-Jameson

-Jameson

Hi Jameson,

Thanks for the info. Yup looks like that setting was missed out earlier.

On the same note, we notice a behaviour where emails are still targeting agents even though those agents do not belong to the same skill group. For example

a) 100 emails on Day 1 in the queue targeting 2 agents (A & B) having email skills

b) Agents were only able to clear 50 emails at the end of Day 1 

c) Email skills removed from Agent A at the end of Day 1

d) Agent A continues to receive emails from Day 1

Thanks!

-JT-

JT,

A couple questions to get to the bottom of your second issue...

1. What's the concurrent work limit for these agents? How many of these 100 emails appear in their Inbox at once?
  2. How many of the Day 1 emails does Agent A continue to receive?
  3. Have you looked at the Audit tab for any of these Day 2 occurrences? That can shed some light on when the email was actually assigned.
  4. Do you have auto pushback to queue configured? If not, any emails already in the Agent's Inbox would stay there until they complete it.
  5. Are they going Not Available, refreshing, and clearing their Inbox of work before they log out? If they don't refresh, they may miss seeing emails that have already been pushed to their Inbox.

-Jameson

-Jameson

Hi Jameson,

1. The current max load is 5 per agent. This is correctly distributed to the agents according to this setting

2. Agent A will continue to receive all emails from Day 1

3. Logs shows Agent A & B are still being targeted for emails from Day 1

4. Yup the default configuration. 30 min for new activities only.

5. The current behaviour is agent will set their availability status to Not Available at the end of their shirt, finish their current emails assigned to them before completely logging off

According to TAC, all the 100 emails will continue to be routed to the original agent A & B. And only new emails received after the skill change will be correctly distributed to the agents (Agent B) at that time. Not too sure if this is the actual behaviour / limitation.

Thanks!

-JT-

JT,

Ahh, what TAC is saying there does make some sense... The Queue to Skill Group node logic in ICM may be selecting which Agents to queue to when the "call" enters queue. One potential way around this:

After X hours in queue (or after a certain time of day), de-queue and then re-queue to same skills at a higher priority.

-Jameson

-Jameson

Hi Jameson,

Thanks for the suggestion. Will try that out.

-JT-

Hi Jameson,

Potentially there will be quite a high number of dequeues. Any idea how this will impact from a reporting standpoint?

Thanks!

-JT- 

I'm not sure if the dequeues would effect both Call Type and Skill Group reporting. There's a good chance that it will only effect Skill Groups. It is worth testing out.  So statistics like answer time could potentially be accurate in the Call Type reports, and innacurate in Skill Group and Agent reports.

-Jameson

-Jameson

Is there a Limit to this? keeping this high will have any impact?

Well instead of doing it in Routers Registry you can do it on Media Routing Domain Configuration.

Its gonna take value from Routers Registry which is MaXTimeInQueue if not configured on MRD.

The max value which can be configured is 2147483647 (7FFFFFFF HEX).

I saw in some cases its advisable to set it to higher value for the Tasks like Email Activity.

It has no impact but don't just set it to highest value, set it to something like 48 hours or around.

Thanks

For the email, shall I just use Wait node for specific time in queue? does the wait node has any limit how much it can wait, I don't see any Cisco document telling about it. I have waits for more than a day before increasing the priority.

the max value you can set wait node is to 999999999 i guess.

but for emails you can use wait node in queue and set it to something like 48 hours or 72 hours which covers the weekend also and email can still stay in queue.

Well instead of doing it in Routers Registry you can do it on Media Routing Domain Configuration.

Its gonna take value from Routers Registry which is MaXTimeInQueue if not configured on MRD

Are you certain about that? The way I always did this was make the Registry setting (say) 75 hours, the Media Class setting 74 hrs, the MRD setting 73 hrs and the Wait Node in the script 72 hrs. I want the script to control the max time in queue and don't want any other setting getting in the way.

Regards,
Geoff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: