Views
Helpful
Replies

Email Element in call studio

Roy_11
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi Team,

i am developing the call studio application as per requirement, i am struggling with one scenario..

the scenario is while customer press 1 for email option then we need to send a mail accordingly , how we can achieve this? could you please tell me your thoughts.

My idea is below:

we will ask customer to say mail id in the same IVR flow then captured the prompt then map to the E Mail Element is it  my  understanding is correct , these is what i am thinking. could you share your idea as well or else please correct my understanding.

Please help me guys, really appreciated your responses.

Thanks!

Roy

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Another thing, if you want to send emails from the Studio debugger, you need to add the same Resource information into context.xml in your Studio debugger configuration (C:\Cisco\CallStudio\eclipse\plugins\com.audiumcorp.studio.debug.runtime\CATALINA_HOME\conf). Be sure to back up your context.xml before making changes.

Bill

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Bill Mungaven
Level 1
Level 1

Roy,

First off, have you configured your email server information in the Tomcat context.xml configuration (C:\Cisco\CVP\VXMLServer\Tomcat\conf\context.xml) on your VMXML server? If this isn't set up, you won't be able to send email using the Email element (at least that's what I had to do on my VXML servers in order to send email using the Email element).

What is supposed to happen when the caller presses 1? When you ask the caller for the mail ID, what is this and how is it used in relation to the email? 

Hi mungaven ,

What is supposed to happen when the caller presses 1? When you ask the caller for the mail ID,

Roy — Caller saying the mail I’d and we need to capture the voice input and send to the mail with common link .

what is this and how is it used in relation to the email?

We need the capture the mail I’d while caller saying in voice ..

Could you please share the sample configuration for email server in vxml server.

Thanks!!!!

Roy,

Here's my email configuration in context.xml (C:\Cisco\CVP\VXMLServer\Tomcat\conf\context.xml):

This is placed somewhere under <Context>:

<Resource name="mail/Exchange"
type="javax.mail.Session"
mail.smtp.host="inbound.example.com"
/>

The value you enter after mail/ in the "Resource name=" line is the value you enter in the JNDI field of the Email element. In my case, Exchange is the string I entered in the JNDI field in the Email element.

After making the change, I can't remember if you have to restart the Tomcat service. I think I just rebooted the VXML server to be sure all the appropriate services started in the correct order. If you have multiple VXML servers, make the change in each one. The mail.smtp.host is where you send email.

I don't recall if I had to upload any .jar files into C:\Cisco\CVP\VXMLServer\Tomcat\lib. I believe I followed the procedure at the bottom of this link: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/customer_voice_portal/cvp11_5/programming/guide/CCVP_BK_1DC51433_00_115-cvp-element-specification-guide/CCVP_BK_1DC51433_00_115-cvp-element-specification-guide_chapter_01...

Set Up Email Element

For the Email element to work, add a mail session under Tomcat manually.

Procedure

Step 1  Edit the \Tomcat\conf\context.xml file.
Step 2  Within the <Context> </Context> tags, add the following:
<Resource name="mail/ChrisMail" 
type="javax.mail.Session"
mail.smtp.host="xmb-sjc-22d.amer.cisco.com"/>

Here, the name must be mail/ANY_NAME_YOU_CHOOSE, type must be javax.mail.Session, and mail.smtp.host must be a working SMTP server.

Note   

In Studio, edit the configuration of the Email element in question. Set the JNDI name to the ANY_NAME_YOU_CHOOSE portion of what you entered in the Tomcat settings. In the preceding example, you can enter ChrisMail but ensure that you do not include the mail/ portion here.

Be sure to backup your context.xml file before making changes.

I hope this helps.

Bill

Another thing, if you want to send emails from the Studio debugger, you need to add the same Resource information into context.xml in your Studio debugger configuration (C:\Cisco\CallStudio\eclipse\plugins\com.audiumcorp.studio.debug.runtime\CATALINA_HOME\conf). Be sure to back up your context.xml before making changes.

Bill

Thanks you so much . Now i got it

piyush aghera
Spotlight
Spotlight

Sorry to write in a solved thread.  But is there a need to provide username and password to connect to mail server ? If yes, how do we pass that information from call studio app ?  All above configuration and documentation does not mention anything about it.

Thanks.

You're going to have to write your own element. There are a lot of Java implementation of sending emails that you can use as a starter.

david

David, Piyush,

Is it not possible to add authentication for email in the Tomcat configuration files - as per below?

https://access.redhat.com/solutions/1266753

Regards,

Gerry

That does look correct, thank you for pointing it out.

david

In my situation, I don't have to authenticate to send the email. I don't know if that's the way my organization configured it to make it easy to send email from automated systems such as CVP.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: