Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse login bug CSCvf24265

Hi Gents,

I have a quick question here... i have cloned and migrated my prod UCCX/CUCM/CUC in a lab environment, just to make a mock upgrade before upgrading the prod side.... It's been painful but i am getting.

UCCX and CUCM are up and running. I have registered IPCP with cucm but the agent attached to IP communicator can't login to finesse.

Keep getting: DEVICE NOT ACCESSIBLE. Contact system admin Which seems to be a bug, if you are over 2k users which i don't have.

The only thing though, since i migrated these servers to the lab, i had to changed IP, DNS, hostname... Therfore, i have lost my license files. Cucm is running on a default license which is fine but i have to get a new license for uccx.

Is there a way to bypass this bug and continue my testing?

Thanks and much appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark Swanson
Level 4
Level 4

It's unlikely, this bug is somehow or someway related to your problem.

Why? Because 1) this bug pertains to PCCE which is Package Contact Center Enterprise... could be PCCE-CVP or IVR, it doesn't matter. And 2) while PCCE (aka UCCE) might share a few similarities with UCCX, they share waaaaayyy more differences. This means the bugs 'should be' unrelated and unique to each solution.

Now... let's jump back to your question.

When you say "IPCP"... I assume, you're talking about IP Communicator. Correct? This error (DEVICE NOT ACCESSIBLE) is likely caused by the "trust relationship" between CUCM and UCCX... or lack of. This is accomplished by creating those Application Users accounts (i.e. AXL User, CTI User and RmCm User). The RmCm Provider Configuration allows UCCX to manage/monitor the devices associated with this App User (RmCm) account. Make sure your device was added as a 'Controlled Device'. Also, make sure this App User belongs to the correct Permission Groups/Roles.

Let me know what happens. Good luck.  

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Mark Swanson
Level 4
Level 4

It's unlikely, this bug is somehow or someway related to your problem.

Why? Because 1) this bug pertains to PCCE which is Package Contact Center Enterprise... could be PCCE-CVP or IVR, it doesn't matter. And 2) while PCCE (aka UCCE) might share a few similarities with UCCX, they share waaaaayyy more differences. This means the bugs 'should be' unrelated and unique to each solution.

Now... let's jump back to your question.

When you say "IPCP"... I assume, you're talking about IP Communicator. Correct? This error (DEVICE NOT ACCESSIBLE) is likely caused by the "trust relationship" between CUCM and UCCX... or lack of. This is accomplished by creating those Application Users accounts (i.e. AXL User, CTI User and RmCm User). The RmCm Provider Configuration allows UCCX to manage/monitor the devices associated with this App User (RmCm) account. Make sure your device was added as a 'Controlled Device'. Also, make sure this App User belongs to the correct Permission Groups/Roles.

Let me know what happens. Good luck.  

You can try the following

1. Remove the device from PGuser

2. Uncheck the Allow CTI control box at the DN level on the phone

3. Add back to PG user

4. Check Allow CTI Control box at DN level on the phone

Andrew,

The topic was little misleading. Jean unknowingly referenced Bug ID (CSCvf24265). This Bug ID applies to [Package] UCCE v11.6(1), not UCCX. But according to Jean, they have an UCCX solution. Therefore, this Bug ID wouldn't be applicable.

I know this discussion has been marked as "answered" but if Jean hasn't truly resolved this problem yet... the steps you outlined above is something to consider. On UCCX, you would check the following;

1. Verify the Allow Control of the Device from CTI checkbox has been checked on the agent's End User Profile, Device, DN,  and if applicable, User Device Profile.

2. Verify End User Roles, should have; Standard CTI Enabled, Standard CTI Allow Control of Phones Supporting... (x2) and Standard CCM End User. [Minimum]

3. Remove the agent's device from the "RmCm" Application User group

4. Next, restart the agent's device

5. Then, re-add the agent's device to the "RmCm" Application User group

For me, by removing and re-adding the agent's device to the RmCm Application User group has resolved some unexplained login issues before.

Please let me know what you do to resolve this problem. Good luck.

This worked. We use user device profiles (UDP) for PCCE. I did a UDP remove/add to pguser like three times and Finesse always said device not accessible. After removing the UDP from pguser, then un-checking the Allow CTI control in the UDP config, then adding back to pguser and re-checking the Allow CTI control, Finesse now logs the agent in with no issues! Amazing how a little process detail like this fixes an issue.