cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Group Voicemail - Auto delivery

jpsweeney77
Level 4
Level 4

In our current Aspect ACD environment customers have an option to leave a Voicemail in a Group VM box which would then be automatically delivered to a pool of agents when they are not busy with incoming calls. The voicemail is actually delivered just like an incoming call. Has anyone found any way to do this in an IPCC Enterprise w/ Unity environment?

15 Replies 15

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can definitely accomplish that with configuring IP phones with shared line for all users in the same agent group. Creating voice mail profile to map the extension to one subsciber box. In IPCC scripting you simply create an option to leave a voice mail and send it to a label of the subsciber. Then when a customer leaves a voicemail the line MWI lights up and anyone with the shared line can retreive the message.

Related post

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=IP%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=Contact%20Center&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1dd86b75/0#selected_message

Chris

Thanks for the reply. However, I'm looking to actually have the voicemail delivered to the agent. In the Aspect ACD environment if there are no calls in queue it can automaticallly deliver the voicemail to the agent with the ringtone and actually play the voicemail. Not simply alerting the agents of the voicemail.

I wrote an IPCC script to do this a long time ago and Cisco has since posted their own script to accomplish this so I will attach theirs to this post. The script works as folllows:

1. Caller opts out of queue

2. Script records the message using the recording step

3. The key is the "on exception goto" step which allows us to catch the contact inactive exception that is thrown when a contact hangs up while in a script. We can catch ths exception and keep the script active even though the calling party hung up.

4. The place call step places a call to the CSQ which creates a new "contact" and this contact is the agent.

5. Once the agent becomes available the script that placed the call plays the message to the agent and the agent can return the call (manually or caller ID was available you could do it automatically.

Obviously a high level script and lots of stuff going on so if you have questions post them. There is also a script that allows a contact on the web to put their phone number in a web page for a call back...neat stuff :)

P.S. The one drawback to the "voicemail in queue" is that it burns up two CTI ports per call. You have the original call, and the "place call" step uses another CTI Port to put the voicemail in the queue.

andy -

Can you post this? It looks like the download expired today.

Bill Carter

Sentinel

Andy,

Could you post the callback script again? Thanks-

Chris,

I have the same requirement, when Agents are not logged in then customer calls should go to voice mail.

Now only the volumes of calls are more here. There can be 40 to 70 simultaneous calls and when no agents logged in all the calls simultaneously should be able to leave voice mail, in that case;

Can you create one voice mail box (one subscriber) for 40 to 70 simultaneous calls or do I have to have 70 different voice mail boxes (70 different subscribers).

What is the possible solution you can think?

Thanks ,

I wrote an IPCC script to do this a long time ago and Cisco has since posted their own script to accomplish this so I will attach theirs to this post. The script works as folllows:

1. Caller opts out of queue

2. Script records the message using the recording step

3. The key is the "on exception goto" step which allows us to catch the contact inactive exception that is thrown when a contact hangs up while in a script. We can catch ths exception and keep the script active even though the calling party hung up.

4. The place call step places a call to the CSQ which creates a new "contact" and this contact is the agent.

5. Once the agent becomes available the script that placed the call plays the message to the agent and the agent can return the call (manually or caller ID was available you could do it automatically.

Obviously a high level script and lots of stuff going on so if you have questions post them. There is also a script that allows a contact on the web to put their phone number in a web page for a call back...neat stuff :)

P.S. The one drawback to the "voicemail in queue" is that it burns up two CTI ports per call. You have the original call, and the "place call" step uses another CTI Port to put the voicemail in the queue.

andy -

Does it work under IPCX 4.0 ?

Andy,

It says Expired 2006-Aug-28.

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Andy,

Would you mind reposting the script out since it's expired in the forum page?

Besides, does the script work in a IPCC entprise environment since the IP IVR in IPCC Enterprise seems doesn't support the place call steps.

Thanks a lot.

Hi Andy,

It would be very appreciated if you could post the script again.

Looking forward to it.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Many thanks to Andy. You have this in attachment.

Regards

Armen

any change of reposting? i think this is exactly what i am looking for. thanks in advance.