Views
Helpful
Replies

ICM node manager system shut down error

dinesh joshi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am facing problem with icm 7.5. I am getting icm node manager system shut down error when starting PG1B or PG2B servce from

icm service control. PG side A s working fine.

error screen shot is attached.

Please help me to resolve this issue.

Regards,

DJ

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

You need to take a look at the Node Manager log to see why it is shutting down.

Node Manager doesn't shut the system down on its own.  Some other process tells NM to do the shutdown.  Dumping the Node Manager log will tell you what process that is.  It will NOT be a PIM that's causing this, so you can stop looking at PIM logs or configuration.

Usually either OPC, or (more likely) MDS are telling NM to shutdown because something isn't valid.

*MOST* likely it's MDS issuing the shutdown command because one of the hostnames you used is:

not resolvable by the hostnames you entered (mrt-icm-prgrb-p, mrt-icm-prgrb-ph) to an IP address

resolvable, but invalid in this context (meaning you entered a valid, pingable address but it's one that's not on this server)

the port is already in use by another process (conflict).

Dump the MDS log & it will tell you exactly why it's issuing the shutdown.

You also asked:

I have one more query, Where does AW stores script and what is the ext of icm scripts.

I want to copy scripts from one aw to another seprate setup.

Scripts are a part of the ICM Configuration database.  You cannot just "copy" them from one instance to another.  However, within Script Editor, you can do an Export, and then Import the resulting .icms file into the other system.  Hopefully all your object mappings are close.

View solution in original post

The only thing that stand out is: Synchronizing for sideB OPC failed due to startup argument (DMPSystemID) being incompatible with other side's values (1 2).

I think this is configured in the CTI server, but I could be wrong.  Look through your setup and ensure that your System ID is the same.

david

Hey David,

Good catch, indeed this the cause :

19:26:17 pg1B-opc Synchronizing for sideB OPC failed due to startup argument (DMPSystemID) being incompatible with other side's values (1 2).

The DMP System ID is essentially identifying whether this the 1st or 2nd PG that's on this system, this has consequences for the port numbers that are used to communicate bewteen OPC and MDS etc.. It seems there's a mismatch between what the A side and B side see as the 1st / 2nd PG. Did you ever add or remove other PG pairs on one of these machines ?

To get this fixed, you'll want to completely remove both PG1B and PG2B from the Setup on this machine and then re-add them. If the issue persists, you'll want to do the same on the A side server.

Cheers,

Kris

21 Replies 21

This is too generic of an error, you will have to do a stopshut and go through the logs to see what is wrong.  Also, re-run setup and ensure you didn't choose restart on error.  This would prevent the server from restarting so you can investigate the problem a bit easier.

david

thanks for reply.

I have done the no system reboot on error. I was checking c:\temp icmsetup and others log files but i could not find out

any log specific to this issue. Is there any other log file we need to check to find out the cause of system shutdown error.

Regards,

DJ

Hi Dinesh,

Re-run the PG1B & PG2B setup and check the ip address. Normally this error occurs due to wrong ip address or port configuration during the installation.

Thanks and Regards,

Ashfaque

Hi Hossain,

I have verified  ports and ip address. All the ip add and ports are configured correctly.

Regards,

Dinesh joshi

Hi Dinesh,

Can you please re-run all the PG setup and send the screenshots to me. There must be something wrong with the PG setup.

Thanks and Regards,

Ashfaque

Hi Hossain,

find the attach installation screen shot.

Regards,

Dinesh Joshi

Can you dump the logs for the pims please?  Also, you're sure all your hostnames are reachable, right?

david

I will arrange dump log by tommorrow.

I have one more query, Where does AW stores script and what is the ext of icm scripts.

Please find the dumplog of Pim 1,2,3 and NM of progger B. All the hostname are reachebale and we are using hostfile for ip resolution.

Hi Dinesh,

For the VRU pim the peripherad ID (4500 and 4501) looks little bit odd normally it should be 5xxx. And also for the prefered side you chose no side preference it should be sideB. Finally I would like to ask the same question which david ask can you ping all the machines by the host names which you have given in the setup?

Thanks and Regards,

Ashfaque

Hi Hossain,

All the host name are pinging. We have one another setup with same kind of configuration and that one is working fine.

We are deploying same setup at new place.

Regards,

Dinesh Joshi

You need to take a look at the Node Manager log to see why it is shutting down.

Node Manager doesn't shut the system down on its own.  Some other process tells NM to do the shutdown.  Dumping the Node Manager log will tell you what process that is.  It will NOT be a PIM that's causing this, so you can stop looking at PIM logs or configuration.

Usually either OPC, or (more likely) MDS are telling NM to shutdown because something isn't valid.

*MOST* likely it's MDS issuing the shutdown command because one of the hostnames you used is:

not resolvable by the hostnames you entered (mrt-icm-prgrb-p, mrt-icm-prgrb-ph) to an IP address

resolvable, but invalid in this context (meaning you entered a valid, pingable address but it's one that's not on this server)

the port is already in use by another process (conflict).

Dump the MDS log & it will tell you exactly why it's issuing the shutdown.

You also asked:

Scripts are a part of the ICM Configuration database.  You cannot just "copy" them from one instance to another.  However, within Script Editor, you can do an Export, and then Import the resulting .icms file into the other system.  Hopefully all your object mappings are close.

Thanks for your information

Please find the MDS log of ProggerB.

NM is pointing to MDS, MDS is pointing to OPC, can you dump the OPC logs?

david