cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC Express Get Current Date

d.kettler
Level 1
Level 1

I am using IPCC Express Standard 3.1.3. I am trying to set up a holiday schedule. I know that I cannot use the Java Steps or Database dips to get this information. Is there anyway to get the current date to compare to a list of holidays?

Thanks

Dave

11 Replies 11

yogeswar
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

There are different ways of achieving the same.

1. Using XML documents :

Find attached script holidays using XML document.

Script description is given in the Annotate step in the beginning of the script.

Note : This is a sample example script and cannot be ported directly into production system.

2. Using DB dips

we can list down the holiday date range in a Database and access the same through DB Steps. In the script the current date should be checked against this holiday list and greeting message has to be played accordingly. Hope this helps.

Refer the following Tech-note to retrieve the date-value

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_qanda_item09186a0080204513.shtml

Regards

Yogi

Thanks for the information but with IPCC Express Standard I do not have the options of using the java methods for retrieving the current date or using database dips. Is there a way in IPCC EXPRESS STANDARD to retrieve the current date to compare to a list of holidays?

Thanks

Dave

Hi,

One complicated method would be to update an XML document with the current date by an external application. CRS script can pick the date from this XML document.

Regards

Yogi

So without using any external application there is no way to get the current date with IPCC Express Standard out of box?

Thanks for all your replies

Dave

Try the attached aef script.

Lee

Hello folks.

As an IPCC newby I've got the same query. Is there any chance these files could be reposted please.

Thanks in advance.

NJ.

try this !

Stephane.

Thanks for the quick reply Stephane.

Stephane,

If you are still out there would you mind reposting your files?

I assume from the thread these work for IPCC Express Standard and do not require JAVA?

Thanks!!!

Adam

Adam,

this script was designed for ipcc express standard 3.x ! Since 4.X, it didn't work anymore ( variable type incompatibility ).

Regards,

Stephane.

Thanks, will play with them!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: