cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible to initiate a conference call from CVP?

castrillor
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I need to do a Survey App in CVP where the answers of the caller are recorded by a third party system. So, at the beginning of the call at CVP, this third party system has to be put in conference and then, the survey questions  are played to the customer and recorded as the third party system is "listening".

But at my surprise, there is no Conference element at Call Studio (there is a Transfer element).

Is there any workaround to acomplish this feature? Or the only solution is to make a custom element?

Thanks and regards

Raúl

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

These options are only possible for a standalone CVP and not for CVP in comprehensive mode (i.e. with CCE / ICM).

I see the only way to "conference" via CVP, is for the CCE script (not Call Studio) to send to a label which routes it to a conference bridge.

Gerry

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi, I haven't used it myself but if you look in the CVP Element specification it seems to indicate you have 2 options with this, one as an unsupervised transfer and one as a bridge transfer, which I think is what you want?

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/customer_voice_portal/cvp_12_5/reference/guide/ccvp_b_1251-element-specification-guide-cvp/ccvp_mp_t0f48d22_00_transfer.html

These options are only possible for a standalone CVP and not for CVP in comprehensive mode (i.e. with CCE / ICM).

I see the only way to "conference" via CVP, is for the CCE script (not Call Studio) to send to a label which routes it to a conference bridge.

Gerry

castrillor
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your answer. No, that is not the option I need as in the bridge transfer, CVP script remains stopped until transfer is ended. I need a conference so that CVP scripts can go on with the questions of the survey.

Regards

ptindall
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Since the requirement is to record the caller interaction while at CVP then why not use one of the recording mechanisms available to you -- either dial-peer controlled SIPREC from the ingress gateway or media forking on demand using the Gateway Services API.

There is no way to do a three-way call with CVP itself.