Views
Helpful
Replies

MySQL data dips with CRS applications

mikekana
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings

We are looking at building an application that will utilize MySQL for db access. Are there any caveats

with interfacing/setting up the db connect between

a CRS server and MySQL?

Thanks

Mike Kana

10 Replies 10

yogeswar
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Mike,

As per Cisco Application Administrator guide, the following Enterprise Databases are supported for the Database subsystem:

• Microsoft SQL Server 7

• Microsoft SQL Server 2000

• Oracle 8i

• Oracle 9i

• Sybase Adaptive Server 12

• IBM DB2 7.2

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/sw_ap_to/apps_3_5/english/admn_app/apadm35.pdf - Pg.No:6-10

Regards

Yogi

tapk5
Level 3
Level 3

CRS integration with database is through ODBC Data source, it shall work with MYSQL if ODBC driver is ready

Wei

I'd be interested to see if anyone gets this working - I took a quick stab at it with the MySQL ODBC drivers - however the log entries I had when trying to do a simple query indicated a JDBC (not ODBC) error upon connection. So are we really using ODBC or are we using JDBC.

joe.freeman
Level 1
Level 1

I've gotten it working on my server. The key thing is to install the ODBC driver correctly on the server, and setup a system DSN for the specific database.

As far as your scripts, and the the AppAdmin, nothing's different.

Joe, can you provide any details as far as what version of the driver and any specific setting needed to make this work. We are having problems with the connection disappearing and DB dips stop working periodically. Any detail on how you have this setup would be great.

tedgarner
Level 1
Level 1

I have been able to get CRS working accessing a MySQL database (both with a user DSN and a system DSN) with the MySQL ODBC driver install on the CRS server. I have found, however, that the actual connection is somewhat unstable. Periodically, I have to stop and start the CRS Engine to get database dips working again.

If anyone has experienced this problem and found a fix for it, I would appreciate hearing about it.

Ted

Hey Ted did you ever get an answer to this?

I am also integrated with MySQL using IPCC 403 and I am also having the problem where it sporatically loses it's connection to the database. If I do a reactive script debug it is taking the SQL error branch on the DB Read step. I can also get it working again by rebooting the server or stopping and starting the CRS engine.

I am using MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver on the server.

I would appreciate any advice anyone can offer.

Thank you.

Are you sure you're hitting the DB Release step each time? Are you skipping it by any chance?

I'm not hitting the release step if the DB errors out. For example, I have

DB Read

----Successful

-------DB Get

---------Successful

-------------DB Release

-------------Play Account Balance

---------No Data

-------------Goto ACCOUNTNOTFOUNDLABEL

---------SQL Error

-------------Goto ACCOUNTNOTFOUNDLABEL

----Connection Not Available

-------Goto ACCOUNTNOTFOUNDLABEL

----SQL Error

-------Goto ACCOUNTNOTFOUNDLABEL

ACCOUNTNOTFOUNDLABEL

Play AccountError.wav

So if they error on the DB Read step then the database is never released or if they error on the DB Get step then the database is never released.

You think I should modify my flow?

Thank you.

Try placing a DB Release under the No Data step, before you Goto label.