cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Outbound Call in Ready State UCCE 12.0

ehtasham.malik
Level 1
Level 1

In UCCE 12.0, Cisco Provides the feature to initiate an outbound call in Ready State from Finesse, so the agent can make himself Ready and initiate a call, and once the Outbound call finished, Agent comes back again to Ready State. 

However, when we try to achieve the same functionality via API, it throw below Error 

2021-06-11T19:07:37.869 +05:00: : finesse12.ucce.ipcc: Jun 11 2021 19:07:39.022 +0500: CallControl : [ClientServices] MasterPublisher._parseAndPublishXMLEvent() - Received XML event on node '/finesse/api/User/75003/Dialogs': <Update>
  <data>
    <apiErrors>
      <apiError>
        <errorData>22</errorData>
        <errorMessage>CF_INVALID_OBJECT_STATE</errorMessage>
        <errorType>Invalid State</errorType>
      </apiError>
    </apiErrors>
  </data>
  <event>post</event>
  <requestId></requestId>
  <source>/finesse/api/User/75003/Dialogs</source>
</Update>

Can anybody help with this !! 

3 Replies 3

upchaurasia
Spotlight
Spotlight

As per Finesse Web Services Developer Guide this is part of 12.5(1) release. Here is the details from doc -

Dialog—Create a New Dialog (Make a Call)
For a Unified CCE deployment, the MAKE_CALL API now allows you to make a call from Ready state.
When an agent goes off-hook to place a call, the Unified CCE changes the agent status to Not Ready
with 50006 reason code.

https://pubhub.devnetcloud.com/media/finesse/docs/downloads/previous-documentation/developer-guide/Cisco_Finesse_Web_Services_Developer_Guide_Release_12.5(1).pdf

Regards,

Umesh

Hi,

I answered this in the DevNet Support Webex room, but will respond here for others to get the answer.

Umesh is correct that this feature was added to the API in 12.5: https://developer.cisco.com/docs/finesse/#!dialogcreate-a-new-dialog-make-a-call/dialogcreate-a-new-dialog-make-a-call

In the Finesse 12.0 desktop, this is handled by the client itself. Basically, the client will change the user to NOT_READY (via API), then make the call, then change them back to READY.

Thanx,

Denise

Gerry O'Rourke
Spotlight
Spotlight

I would check exactly what the standard Finesse is doing when you make a call when in Ready State.

i.e. you might find it is putting the user into a Not Ready state first with a specific system Reason Code (e.g. making an outbound call) etc.

i.e. you can then replicate what the standard Finesse is doing.

Hope this helps. Let us know!

Regards,

Gerry