cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PCCE 11.5-Jabber 12.6 and Agent Greeting Not Working

Jeff Johns
Level 4
Level 4

Hey all.  My first post.  We are running PCCE 11.5 and are starting to migrate agents using IP Communicator over to Jabber 12.6 with multiline support.  The solution is working great with one big caveat - the Agent Greeting feature does not work nor is it supported but Cisco at this point.  Apparently this feature was there in Jabber 9.7 but went away.

Bug Article:  https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuq90344/?rfs=iqvred

At Cisco Live the Jabber product manager (Brian) said this was not a Jabber deficiency but rather they are waiting on CC Enterprise Team to get the support working.

Has anyone run into this and found a work around or other way to make this whole solution work for Contact Center agents in order to get them off of IP Communicator?  Thanks!

12 Replies 12

Omar Deen
Spotlight
Spotlight
As of version 12, there is no support and no workaround

Thanks Omar. Is that version 12 Jabber or PCCE?

PCCE v12
I'm curious to know what Brian's reasoning is to say that this is on CCE. We know that a prerequisite to Agent Greeting is having built in bridge. If Brian is saying that they're waiting on the CCE team to not require BiB for Agent Greeting, then I can see that... otherwise, I don't understand where he's coming from.

It wasn't explained in the forum, other than the CCE Product Manager stepped up and agreed that the support for the feature was lacking from the CCE side of things and being worked on. I agree you with Omar that it seems like it's just a feature of BiB so why isn't the effort with the Jabber team. But like I said wasn't really explained.

Jabber has a built in Bridge.  Call monitoring works.  It uses used the built in bridge to fork the media.  The phone config page has a drop down menu to enable the built in bridge.

Am I missing something?

Has Cisco stopped support for Agent Greeting ?

If it is true and the requirement is important you can check out 3rd party application "MARS Agent Greeting"

https://community.cisco.com/kxiwq67737/attachments/kxiwq67737/5926-discussions-contact-center/109522/1/MARS%20Agent%20Greeting_v1.0.pdf

No, agent greeting is still in play and supported, it just doesn't work for all devices, like Jabber.

What about version Jabber v12.8 ?

MARS Agent Greeting for Cisco CUCM / UCCX / UCCE / PCCE

The following 3rd party application provides Agent Greeting feature for Cisco CUCM / UCCX / UCCE / PCCE

Along with other Cisco IP Phones , the application also supports Cisco Jabber 10.x,11.x,12.x client application

MARS Agent Greeting for Cisco CUCM / UCCX / UCCE / PCCE

1) The application integrates with Cisco CUCM.
2) The application plays out a prerecorded greeting audio file to incoming calls landing on Cisco phone DN configured in the application.The greeting file is played out on call connect ( i.e. when user/agent answers the incoming call on Cisco phone)
3) Application can be configured to play the greeting message for outbound calls dialed by the agent.The greeting file is played out on call connect ( i.e. when customer answers the agent's call)

Application Videohttps://youtu.be/DBFV8m-IfjE

For more details please write to : info@parsec-tech.com

www.parsec-tech.com

Looks like they fixed in jabber v12.9, documentation says you need CCE 12.5 but we got it working in 11.6

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/12_9/cjab_b_release-notes-cisco-jabber-129/cjab_b_release-notes-cisco-jabber-129_chapter_00.html

The compatibility matrix now says Jabber for Windows and Jabber for VDI (but not for Mac) is supported with Agent Greeting with CCE v12 and above. Interesting to hear that it works for you with CCE 11.6, but that still doesn't officially show supported.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: