Views
Helpful
Replies

playing multiple prompts in the resource select step

DavidPeter
Level 1
Level 1

I have Express enhanced 7.2 UCCX   

I have my promtps carved into 1 minute lengthes so i can do different things based on the time in queue. what I would like to do is under the resource select step I play the prompt then check status of the queue and play a postion prompt. After it does that I would like it to play a different propmt before it checks the next time. So the ideal would be is to have 3 different prompts and rotate them in while in queue.

Does that make sense? I cannot see how to do this easily. I cannot find a pallet that does so far.

Thank you!

5 Replies 5

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Off the top of my head I would do this:

Pseudo Code

Label Queue Loop

PIQ = Get Reporting Stats (Position in Queue)

Play Prompt (--Triggering Contact--, you_are_the + #[PIQ] + caller_in_queue)

switch (++loop_counter)

case 1:

set current_prompt = P[short_wait.wav]

case 2:

set current_prompt = P[moderate_wait.wav]

case 3:

set loop_counter = 0

set current_prompt = P[infinite_wait.wav]

Play Prompt (--Triggering Contact--, current_prompt)

Goto Queue Loop

Does that make sense?

The only part I could think that would hang you up is the "++loop_counter"

It basically takes the integer loop_counter and increments it by one, before evaluating it for which case is the current one.

E.g., If you start with loop_counter = 0, then "++loop_counter" will bring it up to 1, and then case 1 will match.  The next time through it will bring it up to 2, and match case 2.  And when it goes to 3, and matches case 3, it resets to 0 again.

Hope that helps.  Happy rotating!

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Hi Anthony,

not sure if you will be interested in my query but you have helped me before and i am grateful. It would be really nice if you can have a look in below script and tell me how to integrate multiple prompts during agent selection process.

thats the part of teh script we have in our system. the issue is the prompt keep playing if an agent is in ready mode but not answering their phone. it never gets to the Queue step. it goes to teh queue step only if no agents are in ready mode. my question is if there's a way to play multiple prompts within select resorce step if agents are not answering and their state is ready. any help would be greatly appriciated.

Regards

Mohammad Chowdhury

Sorry for the late reply.

You will not be able to play a message when an Agent does not answer, as long as there are still other Agents in the Ready state.

Here's a post that further explains this limitation:  https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3665460

Anthony Holloway

hate dredging up an OLD topic, but this is something I am looking to do.  Now, the way you wrote this, its not in the CCX script editor, so how would you implement that using the CCX editor, and not using Java or any other external stuff? 

sorry - pretty new to this scripting stuff.

@Anthony Holloway wrote:

Off the top of my head I would do this:

Pseudo Code

Label Queue Loop

PIQ = Get Reporting Stats (Position in Queue)

Play Prompt (--Triggering Contact--, you_are_the + #[PIQ] + caller_in_queue)

switch (++loop_counter)

case 1:

set current_prompt = P[short_wait.wav]

case 2:

set current_prompt = P[moderate_wait.wav]

case 3:

set loop_counter = 0

set current_prompt = P[infinite_wait.wav]

Play Prompt (--Triggering Contact--, current_prompt)

Goto Queue Loop

Does that make sense?

The only part I could think that would hang you up is the "++loop_counter"

It basically takes the integer loop_counter and increments it by one, before evaluating it for which case is the current one.

E.g., If you start with loop_counter = 0, then "++loop_counter" will bring it up to 1, and then case 1 will match.  The next time through it will bring it up to 2, and match case 2.  And when it goes to 3, and matches case 3, it resets to 0 again.

Hope that helps.  Happy rotating!

Anthony Holloway

All of that should be in the editor. Do you have a specific example of what is not in there?
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: