cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

prioritizing CSQ calls over another CSQ.

Hello Bro,

I have been through CCX and CSQs community posts to fins a solution for my case but still nothing.

my case as follow:

I have CSQ1 "skill based" with skill-A assigned

CSQ2 with Skill-B assigned.

I have 2 agents Agent1 "has skill-A, and B". and Agent2 "has skill A, and B too".

I have a high call traffic on CSQ1, but low traffic "more important calls" for CSQ2, which causes CSQ2 to have a hard delay, eventhough its importance.

I need to configure it so chat CSQ1 calls received normally by Agent1 and agent2 but henever a call received by CSQ2 it must have a higher priority for Agent1 and agent2 so that it received as soon as an agent get free.

How to accomplish this task,

Thanks in advance

9 Replies 9

You have to use a single CSQ if you want to use prioritization. Otherwise, change your scripting to only send calls to CSQ2 (where agent only has skill b) when they sit in Q for X period of time. This could make things a bit better, but if your CSQ1 call volume is too big compared to CSQ2 then this will not work either.

david

If you increase the priority of calls to CSQ2, that should cause those calls to be delivered prior to calls to CSQ1. You do need to cautious about starvation for CSQ1. My leaning would be a add a step the increases the priority for calls directed to CSQ2. For calls to CSQ1, increase the priority in the queued loop after a certain amount of time so they don't get starved by an unexpected spike in calls to CSQ2. I would encourage you to involve the folks on the business side. Prioritizing one kind of call over another sounds great until you fully analyze the repercussions. Maybe they are ok with CSQ1 getting starved in that scenario, but maybe not....

CSQ priority only applies within the CSQ and not across CSQs.

david

I was talking about priority of the contact, not the CSQ.

After posting this thread i had made changes which is:

Since CSQ2 calls traffic is very low but important and in a separate script, and since its very hard for CSQ2 to find an available agent to answer because of hight CSQ1 calls traffic. in the CSQ2 sceipt i have increased the calls priority using the SET PRIORITY step, and I am monitoring today.

Well get back with results soon.

Please don’t Bro us. It’s not polite.

Response Signature

Well, consider I don't, but why is that?!!

IMHO it’s sexism. There are many female community members who don’t appreciate the Bro.

Response Signature

if you want the CSQ2 because of reporting on those calls, queue the call to both CSQ1 and CSQ2 (and prioritize the call in CSQ 1). 

As David is writing - prioritize call only work inside the queue - not across.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Thomas G. J.