Views
Helpful
Replies

Question about database integration from Call Studio

rpeddi29
Level 1
Level 1

hi ,

I am new to this Cisco Unified call studio. I have a question on how to integrate with database. Like as per doc, it seems we should provide a JNDI name for DB connection but not clear on how or where to create the required JNDI to connect to a sql server? I have call studio 11.5.1.

Can anyone help me on this? and also, how do we get session ucid ?

Thanks

8 Replies 8

janinegraves
Spotlight
Spotlight

1. Download the Sql Server JDBC driver and put that under

C:\cisco\cvp\vxmlservere\tomcat\lib\

2. Modify C:\cisco\cvp\vxmlservere\tomcat\conf\context.xml

<Resource name="jdbc/customer" auth="Container"

type="javax.sql.DataSource"

factory=”org.apache.tomcat.jdbc.pool.DataSourceFactory”

driverClassName="com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver"

url="jdbc:sqlserver://hostname:1433;user=someone;password=someone;DatabaseName=yourDbName"

/>

3. Restart VXML Server

4. In studio use the JNDI name that appears after the *jdbc/ *of the

name attribute of the context.xml file.

For example, in the above example, the JNDI name is customer

Thanks Janine Graves for the quick response .

BUt Issue is I just have the call studio and from call studio , want to test the DB integration..Currently we Don't have CVP.

Not sure about this path: C:\cisco\cvp\vxmlserver\tomcat\lib\. ..How do we get this path?Should call studio be installed in vxml server and is there specific installer to set up vxml server? Is it set up as part of CVP installation. Is there a way we test the DB ntegration only using call studio?

Can anyone please respond to my queries above?

1. install the jdbc driver into C:\Cisco\CallStudio\eclipse\plugins\com.audiumcorp.studio.debug.runtime\CATALINA_HOME\lib

and

2. modify the context.xml file in C:\Cisco\CallStudio\eclipse\plugins\com.audiumcorp.studio.debug.runtime\CATALINA_HOME\conf

3. Then in studio, use the DB element and specify the jndi name as configured in the context.xml file after the slash in the attribute called name

<Resource name="jdbc/yourJndiName" auth="Container"

type="javax.sql.DataSource"

factory=”org.apache.tomcat.jdbc.pool.DataSourceFactory”

driverClassName="com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver"

url="jdbc:sqlserver://hostname:1433;user=someone;password=someone;DatabaseName=yourDbName" />

4. Ensure that you've set the permissions correctly on the SqlServer.

5. Once you save the program, you can right-click the appname and select Debug Call Studio Project.

6. In the  bottom right of the Debug Perspective, press Connect to make a simulated call. It should connect to the database if you've configured it right.
If you get an error message then go to C:\Cisco\CallStudio\eclipse\plugins\com.audiumcorp.studio.debug.runtime\AUDIUM_HOME\applications\appname\logs and look at the logs for help.

**** update:  never mind, I got this working.. resource names were entered in wrong file. *********

I followed exact same method as above to debug Database application in call studio 11.6 and it cannot connect to JNDI resource.  It gives below error, may I get some guidance as to how can I make it work please?

10.10.2.9.1599974757846.0.Outbound_Email,09/13/2020 01:25:57.908, The error was: A built-in element encountered an exception of type com.audium.server.AudiumException. There was a problem looking up the JNDI data source 'pcspoc'. The root cause was: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name [pcspoc] is not bound in this Context. Unable to find [pcspoc].
com.audium.server.AudiumException: A built-in element encountered an exception of type com.audium.server.AudiumException.
at com.audium.server.voiceElement.ActionElementBase.service(ActionElementBase.java:416)
at com.audium.server.controller.Controller.goToAction(Controller.java:4386)
at com.audium.server.controller.Controller.goToElement(Controller.java:4022)
at com.audium.server.controller.Controller.enterVoiceApplication(Controller.java:1896)
at com.audium.server.controller.Controller.newCall(Controller.java:1769)
at com.audium.server.controller.Controller.doPost(Controller.java:943)
at com.audium.server.controller.Controller.doGet(Controller.java:543)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:622)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:729)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:292)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:207)
at org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:52)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:240)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:207)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:212)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:106)
at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:502)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:141)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:79)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:88)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:522)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1095)
at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:672)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$SocketProcessor.doRun(NioEndpoint.java:1502)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(NioEndpoint.java:1458)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: com.audium.server.AudiumException: There was a problem looking up the JNDI data source 'pcspoc'.
at com.audium.server.action.database.DatabaseAction.getDataSourceForTomcat(DatabaseAction.java:237)
at com.audium.server.action.database.DatabaseAction.getDataSource(DatabaseAction.java:192)
at com.audium.server.action.database.DatabaseAction.doAction(DatabaseAction.java:305)
at com.audium.server.voiceElement.ActionElementBase.service(ActionElementBase.java:390)

Piyush,

Your Tomcat config is not quite right.

Have a look at this reference and see if it helps:

http://orourke.tv/web/doku.php?id=vendors:cisco:uc:cvp:jndi-cvp

Regards,

Gerry

To test with Studio Debugger, substitute C:\cisco\cvp\vxmlserver\tomcat

with this:

C:\Cisco\CallStudio\eclipse\plugins\com.audiumcorp.studio.debug.runtime\CATALINA_HOME\

Hello Janine,

Can the password in "url" be masked? 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: