cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Replicate Express Agent Weighting in Enterprise 11.6 but using Extension

Live2 Bicycle
Level 3
Level 3

I have a call center I just migrated that was phone only agents on Contact Center Express.  On Express they were phone only agents with a logon button with the user id and password preprogrammed in to the phone service on the Cisco phone.

I have migrated them to Contact Center Enterprise 11.6 as Finesse Web Portal Agents.

In express all 3 agents could be logged on at the same time and in ready. 

There was a single Express CSQ.

The phone only agents were weighted so phone 1 always got calls 1st, phone 2 only got calls if phone 1 was on a call and phone 3 only got calls if both phone 1 and phone 2 were on calls.  This was done with by weighting the dummy phone only agent account in Express. 

They are asking me to duplicate this agent weighting in ICM Enterprise 11.6.

As Finesse Web Portal agents they now log in as their LDAP Active directory user.  The users rotate through the three phones so I can’t do any type of formula based on agent id or peripheral ID. 

I'm my mind I need some way to evaluate if any agent is logged in using extension 1111 route calls to them 1st.  Then to any agent logged in to extension 2222 if agent 1111 is in Not ready or talking.  Route calls to any agent logged in to extension 3333 if the agents logged in to extension 1111 or 2222 are in not ready or talking.

I have been looking at precision routing but I did not read anyway to route based on extension.

In Config Manager Skill Group Explorer there appears to be a lot of options.  Once option I found after creating a skill group is to add a route as well as a Peripheral Target.  The Peripheral Target option lets me type in a DNIS.  Not sure what DNIS it is looking for.  I then can create a label which I’m hoping allows me to enter in an agent’s 10 digit extension and control call queuing based on agent extension. 

I’m continuing to search and read for a solution to replicate what this team had in Express in Enterprise.    If anyone is doing this and can provide screen shots and directions it would be much appreciated. 

Unfortunately I cant use Finesse IP Phone only agents anymore or use dummy accounts to accomplish this.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Live2 Bicycle
Level 3
Level 3

I decided to implement a solution with multiple skill groups today to resolve this issue.  I made all 3 agents supervisors and showed them how to reskill themselves using the reskilling web portal.  In the ICM script I made an additional skill group for this team for a total of two skill groups. 

One skill groups has a priority 5 and the other a 7.  I put is a delay of 30 seconds before the 2nd skill group ever gets included in the queuing of a call. 

While this now requires a little more work on the agents to reskill themselves it does meet their needs to always have the person sitting at a particular phone always get the calls first before trying the other agents logged in elsewhere.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

These requirements are a bit strange but you can satisfy them in number of ways.

In the brave new world we would want to use Precision Routing so let's do that. Say Agent 1000 has Sales at Proficiency 10, and Agent 2000 has Sales at Proficency 5 and Agent 3000 has Sales at Proficiency 1. Then it is simple to create the Sales Precision Queue that has steps that correspond to those demarcations. Look for an agent who has Sales with Proficiency >= 10, then look for an agent who has Sales with a Proficiency >=5 then look for an agent who has Sales with a Proficiency >= 1/

Where is the problem here?

Regards, 

Geoff

Morning Geoff,  Ive read and re-read the precision queuing doc as well as watched a couple youtube videos on it.  I cant see how precision queuing will route to a specific telephone number regardless of which agent is logged in to the telephone number.

The customer always wants to send calls to phone with extension 1111 first.

On Mondays from 8 am till noon Tommy could be logged in using extension 1111

On Mondays from noon till 4:30pm Sally could be logged in using extension 1111

On Monday Jennifer is logged in using extension 2222.

The customer always wants calls to go to which ever agent is at extension 1111 before what ever agents is logged in to extension 2222.

Since this is routing based on the extension used when logging in to Finesse and not agent I cant see how agent proficiency will work. 

Am I missing something? 

In the Express system this team had fake accounts that were the telephone number of the phone.  Using the fake accounts they could use the specific account associated with the individual phone.  In this scenario precision routing would work in Enterprise.  I am not long able to use fake accounts anymore so this prevents me from building proficiency because the agents move to different phone extensions.

My only solution that I came up with is to query the ICM database for the extensions the agents login with and assign the extension to an ECC variable to PV variable and do some routing based on IF statements in the Queuing node.    I feel this is way over kill for 3 agents though so do not want to go down that rabbit hole.

No you are not missing anything. In UCCE the extension is meaningless. We don't care what extension the agent has - we want to support hot desking. I don't see how we could easily do what you want.

The scenario you propose (that you customer is requesting) is the strangest call center I have ever heard of. Extensions don't have skills - agents do. What muddle headed thinking they have.

Regards,

Geoff

Live2 Bicycle
Level 3
Level 3

I decided to implement a solution with multiple skill groups today to resolve this issue.  I made all 3 agents supervisors and showed them how to reskill themselves using the reskilling web portal.  In the ICM script I made an additional skill group for this team for a total of two skill groups. 

One skill groups has a priority 5 and the other a 7.  I put is a delay of 30 seconds before the 2nd skill group ever gets included in the queuing of a call. 

While this now requires a little more work on the agents to reskill themselves it does meet their needs to always have the person sitting at a particular phone always get the calls first before trying the other agents logged in elsewhere.

Nice workaround - at least you got into the spirit of routing by Skill Group, even if agents (there are 2 agents? that many, eh?) have to reskill themselves. And you got away from thinking about extensions.

You could have done it with dummy agent IDs: one has the PQ Attribute at the high priority, one at the low - just sign in as whoever you like.  

I like the way you marked your own response as the solution - you get points for that!

Regards,

Geoff