cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP dialer: Outbound option 9.0 ( for IVR campaign based on CVP)

r.boloor.rao
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are implementing SIP dialer for oubound IVR campaign with CVP.  The installation document says  " The dialer must be installed on Agent PG and MR PG. Does this matter if I am using no Agent based campagin ?. Can I install it on MR PG ?( Agent PG is on different box)

We have agents answering Inbound calls but all outbound campaign are IVR only (kind of reminders). We want to keep the Agent PG (for Inbound Calls) and MR PG ( for Dialer, Web chat) on a seperate boxes.

Is this valid configuration ???.

Thanks

Raghu

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Dialer must be reside only on AgentPG(call manager PG) not in MR PG this is applicable for both agent based and ivr based campaign, instead you can have Agent PG and MR PG on seperate server and install dialer on Agent PG, there is no other option to explore

"The agent PG is a primary data collection point for agent and skill group statistics and the       Dialer connects to the agent PG through the CTI Server interface where it monitors skill       groups associated with campaigns during campaign configuration. For transfer to IVR campaigns, the Dialer monitors the number of calls queued as provided in the campaign skill group to determine when the Dialer component has reached its configured limit of IVR ports for this campaign "

"The Media Routing PG (MR PG) is the interface the Dialer uses to make route requests to       the Central Controller to find and reserve available agents. Each Dialer uses its own MR       controller (MR PIM), and a separate dialed number is configured to differentiate requests for       different campaign skill groups for agent campaigns"

Please refer the below link to know more details under section Outbound Option Description

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/ipcc_enterprise/ippcenterprise9_0_1/design/guide/UCCE_BK_S06086EC_00_srnd-9-0-1_chapter_0100.html

Please rate if this help

Regards,

Srinivasan

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Hi,

Dialer must be reside only on AgentPG(call manager PG) not in MR PG this is applicable for both agent based and ivr based campaign, instead you can have Agent PG and MR PG on seperate server and install dialer on Agent PG, there is no other option to explore

"The agent PG is a primary data collection point for agent and skill group statistics and the       Dialer connects to the agent PG through the CTI Server interface where it monitors skill       groups associated with campaigns during campaign configuration. For transfer to IVR campaigns, the Dialer monitors the number of calls queued as provided in the campaign skill group to determine when the Dialer component has reached its configured limit of IVR ports for this campaign "

"The Media Routing PG (MR PG) is the interface the Dialer uses to make route requests to       the Central Controller to find and reserve available agents. Each Dialer uses its own MR       controller (MR PIM), and a separate dialed number is configured to differentiate requests for       different campaign skill groups for agent campaigns"

Please refer the below link to know more details under section Outbound Option Description

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/ipcc_enterprise/ippcenterprise9_0_1/design/guide/UCCE_BK_S06086EC_00_srnd-9-0-1_chapter_0100.html

Please rate if this help

Regards,

Srinivasan

Hello all,

we have created a lab setup for outbound sip dialer(10.5), i have installed co resident dialer agent pg ,dialer,mrpg and the issue is am getting calls to destinated number in the campaign but am not getting call in agent phone however am getting getting call in agent finesse, when i attend the call in finesse my destination number is dialing out after getting answered it wait for 15 sec then dropped, i check the jtapi logs am not getting any events from icm.pleas help

regards

bala

any idea ?

Have you configured Agent Targeting Rule for Dialer Peripheral?

Have you configured static host file for number to host mapping on dialer?

Does your egress gateway have route to reach to the agent device? dial-peer?

and moreover can you attache Sip Dialer, CTI Server, rtr and MR Pim logs for the timestamp having issue?

Hi chitan,

Thanks for the response

can we install agent pg ,dialer,mr pg on the same server ?

i will be posting the logs soon.

yes. you can.

Hi Chintan,

Have you configured Agent Targeting Rule for Dialer Peripheral? yes

Have you configured static host file for number to host mapping on dialer? not able to get you

Does your egress gateway have route to reach to the agent device? dial-peer?yes 

attached the logs

There is an option to configure Number pattern to host configuration when you install Dialer, its called DNPhost file i guess and you will find the details in outbound option installation and configuration guide for how to configure it.

The dialer uses this file to send out SIP REFER message to the gateway for connecting call to the Agent or other numbers.

Also i see you attached only CTI server logs, there more processes to look upon to determine what could be the issue.

so can you also attach the logs for the processes baDialer, MR Pim and sip debugs of the gateway.

Hi chintan,

In  log notepad itself i have updated all the logs one by one

regards

bala

Did you enable the ECC variables for Outbound Option?

I see in the log below that its not enabled.

23:43:49:401 PG3A-pim1 Trace: Media Routing Application attempted to register for a non-existant ECC variable: "BACampaign". 
23:43:49:401 PG3A-pim1 Trace: Media Routing Application attempted to register for a non-existant ECC variable: "BAAccountNumber". 
23:43:49:401 PG3A-pim1 Trace: Media Routing Application attempted to register for a non-existant ECC variable: "BABuddyName". 
23:43:49:401 PG3A-pim1 Trace: Media Routing Application attempted to register for a non-existant ECC variable: "BAResponse". 
23:43:49:401 PG3A-pim1 Trace: Media Routing Application attempted to register for a non-existant ECC variable: "BAStatus". 
23:43:49:401 PG3A-pim1 Trace: Media Routing Application attempted to register for a non-existant ECC variable: "BADialedListID". 
23:43:49:401 PG3A-pim1 Trace: Media Routing Application attempted to register for a non-existant ECC variable: "BATimeZone". 
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: