Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCE Home Lab setup- Most cost effective approach

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Guys,

I just wanted to pick your brains on the most cost effective way to get a home lab going with UCCE.

Considering the amount of applications that I need to install, I do know that I will need a beefy server, but what would you all recommend.

Second question is what do I do for licenses?

Ideas/suggestions are all appreciated

Please rate all useful posts
29 Replies 29

Have you had a chance to read UCCE SRND, it does a very good job explaining UCCE architecture and all of the required and optional components:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/customer-collaboration/unified-contact-center-enterprise/products-implementation-design-guides-list.html

Similarly with CVP:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/customer-collaboration/unified-customer-voice-portal/products-implementation-design-guides-list.html

I think it's vital you read these docs before you attempt to build anything UCCE related as otherwise it will lead to a lot of confusion. Just my opinion. For lab purposes you can refer to "Lab Only Designs".

Thanks Chris,

I have read all  the SRND for CCE for 11.0 and 11.5 , some component can be combined into one for non-production.

However I don't see "Lab Only Design" section , do you  the exact link for it or page ?

Thanks,

K

I would have open the pre-staging guide, virtualization guide, compatibility guide as well as the install guide, it will teach you a lot as in what you will be installing. I would learn the components of UCCE first - perhaps through the design guide so you can decide which components you need/want (of course some are mandatory, a couple aren't).

Thanks all,

I got all SPRAWLER UUCE lab up and running.

Wondering if anyone know active group to study UCCE and CVP lab together ?

K

Did you get an active group? I am starting off today, attending online AUCCE Bootcamp this week. I need to build my home lab

Ochieng,

I do not have any CVP study group, I just have a Mentor in Chintan who helps me incredibly ( I am  so grateful to him). I am happy to be your lab buddy and we can work through things together.

I have a fully functional lab with a duplexed setup. I am using the following setup

UCCE 10.5, CUCM 10.5, finesse 10.5 , Cusp 9.1.4 

1. Progger ( fully duplexed)

2. Two CVP combo servers ( Call server, vxml server and media server for both side A and B

3. A single AWHDS server

4. Single finesse server

5. A single CUCM Publisher

6. A Single CUSP on vmware

7. Windows 2008 DC

My lab works quite well and once I finish with the little projects I am working on, I am planning on deploying PCCE.

Please rate all useful posts

I can also assist you guys in most CCE setups and questions. The only piece I am still trying get into is the ECE but it doesn’t seem like you guys are doing that right now. 

Should LD you guys setup any CCE forums, please let me know and I will like to contribute.

hi folks,

how to get the ISO files and license to build UCCE lab here?  

do we need to be Cisco partner to buy the NFR?

will it work with C 240 M2

tks,

K

You get the installation media of UCCE components as NFR/NPS bundles.

i guess if you are cisco ATP partner than its free, but if you are direct customer then you have pay some amount for those bundles.

you can check ordering guide for more details.

hi Ayodeji,

have you successfully setup the CCE lab?  what server are you using ? wondering if will work with C240 M2?

tks,

K

hello Ayo, I need your help building my ucce lab 

Leszek Wojnarski
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What I like to use for lab is https://dcloud.cisco.com/ (and I know it's not intended for the lab).

So what I do I book the lab for 5 days, configure it up to my needs, save.

And then whenever I need I just start it and in 15 minutes it's ready for me to use in the status how I left it.

Leszek

I have been using that too, suck :) always some stuff not working or error and PCCE only.

Adan Zuniga
Level 1
Level 1

All, 

What is the most cost efficient way for the Microsoft SQL Server Component that is needed for ICM? Is there a trial license or something like that?

Hi,

I am interested to setup UCCE Sprawler Home Lab.

I would appreciate if someone provide me the link to download all components for UCCE 

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: