cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 12.0.1 Calendar sample script

shaijal.allipra
Level 1
Level 1

I have upgraded CCX to 12.0.1 recently, I try to add CCX new Calender feature in script, however I could not complete it. Can any one share one sample script which shows Calender steps in script. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, on the script itself you will need to select the next action of what you would like Business Hours to do. Same as Holiday and the rest.

Then you will need to go into the CCX, go into the application management and then select the variable for calendar and associate the calendar you have created from the calendar management.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Ahmed Adeyemi
Level 4
Level 4

Here is a sample script for Calendar. Note that you will still have to associate the calendar to the application

Thanks, 

So, I just need to specify the actions under Calendar step in script and rest ( business hrs, holiday) manage from Application. Is that correct?

Yes, on the script itself you will need to select the next action of what you would like Business Hours to do. Same as Holiday and the rest.

Then you will need to go into the CCX, go into the application management and then select the variable for calendar and associate the calendar you have created from the calendar management.

Thank you very much

shaijal.allipra
Level 1
Level 1

I have implemented new script with CCCalendar. how can I hardcode this variable in script or do I need to choose the calendar from application always. I have few subscript, those sub script I need go with old method then

This isn't the best solution, but if you click on one of your Calendars in AppAdmin, the URL in your address bar will end with something similar to:

/appadmin/calendar/edit.do?calendarId=1

You can take that ID, and use it in a Set step in your script like this:

Variables

CCCalendar target_calendar = null (Parameter)

Script Steps

Set target_calendar = new CCCalendar("1")
Calendar (target_calendar)
  Business Hours
  Holidays
  The Rest
  Failure

I have set the calendar in my script, added the variable, and added it into the application. The problem I am running into is how when performing a reactive debug I can get the caller to go into "The Rest" branch. Actually, more specifically I am trying to figure out from the supervisor Finesse perspective what the "Custom Business days" tab does for me. I was thinking this would be an option in one of the calendar branches but it is not. Was hoping to have the customer dynamically update a custom business day that would in turn play some prompt which could be loaded and selected from the application page as a parameter. Thoughts on how to accomplish this?

jconyersarapahoegovcom_0-1673405952831.pngjconyersarapahoegovcom_1-1673405987333.png

jconyersarapahoegovcom_2-1673406032174.png

What is the glue that sticks all these 3 pieces together?

I'm fairly certain that the custom business days are the same as your normal business hours, but are to be treated with a higher priority, and as such, function as an override.  E.g., You normally use Mon - Fri 8a - 5p, but for this upcoming friday, you want to close earlier, so you create a custom business day for 2/3/2023 and se the time to 8a - 3p.

Documentation: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_12_5_1_su2/maintain_and_operate/guide/uccx_b_1251su2_admin-and-operations-guide/uccx_b_12_5_2admin-and-operations-guide_chapter_010000.html#task_E076B9B73B352...

Also, you do not need to specify the calendar ID in the script like you are doing if it's just hard coded like that (5).  That's what the Application settings page allows you to do, is to associate a calendar you create with business hours, custom days, holidays to the application.  You really should only need to use that Set step like you copied from my example, if you are dynamically pointing at a calendar, or if you want to point at a master calendar without having to specify it on every single application.

I think some of the confusion here, comes from the assumption that the built-in calendar feature is more complex or robust than it actually is.  It's very basic.  If you need more granular control of time ranges or dates, etc., then you may need to stick to the old way of doing it: Daw of Week, Time of Day, Holiday XML, etc.

HTH

@shaijal.allipra wrote:

I have implemented new script with CCCalendar. how can I hardcode this variable in script or do I need to choose the calendar from application always. I have few subscript, those sub script I need go with old method then

I assume passing the CCCalendar variable into the subscript would also work.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: