Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8.0 Create URL Document step timeout

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

I have written a script that uses the Create URL Document step to retrieve an XML file from an external web server.

If the web server hosting the XML file is unavailable I want the script to detect this and then run some steps.

My issue is how do I do this. The Create URL Document has a timeout box with a default value of 0 milliseconds. However the step does not have successful and timeout branches from it so I am unsure how/if I can get the script to detect the problem.

The Create URL Document step is followed by a Create XML Document step then a Get XML Document Data step.

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

chrismanuh
Level 1
Level 1

You can use the IF step to check the results of Create URL Document step. If the data is not available, the results should be null or some something unexpected that you can test for. If this condition is met, branch off and run the error handling step.

View solution in original post

Assuming your url document name is URLDoc, try putting this in your IF statement test:

URLDoc == null

If that's true, then the value is null.  If it's anything else, it will return false.

Cliff

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

chrismanuh
Level 1
Level 1

You can use the IF step to check the results of Create URL Document step. If the data is not available, the results should be null or some something unexpected that you can test for. If this condition is met, branch off and run the error handling step.

Thanks for the response.

I cannot work out what the IF condition should be.

The document variable used by the Create URL Document  is set to null within the script.

If, after the Create URL Document step runs, the value of the document variable is still null then I guess that means that the document was not retrieved from the web server correctly.

I have tried various conditions in the IF statement but keep getting an unable to parse expression message.

Any ideas?

Assuming your url document name is URLDoc, try putting this in your IF statement test:

URLDoc == null

If that's true, then the value is null.  If it's anything else, it will return false.

Cliff

Clifford,

Thanks - I was only using one = in my IF condition. Changing this to == solved the problem.

Thanks

b.eman
Level 1
Level 1

James,

I am modifying the holiday.aef to access an xml located on a remote web server. Would you mind sharing your script so that I could see how you accomplished your goal? I would truly appreciate it.

Thanks

I am also trying to modify scripts to use this process.   This is a very helpful post.   Could someone please post an example script.  Thanks!

I can't see the option to attach a file but here's a screenshot of the modification to the default holidaycheck.aef script to retrieve from a web server.  I have declared a variable named DATES_FILE_LOCATION pointing to of the file on the web server. The script uses the URL construct to retrieve the document as shown.

thanks.   if you are ok with e-mailing script, my e-mail is eguidry@presidio.com.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: