Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8.5.1 some system prompts only in english

r.rung
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

i installed UCCX 8.5.1.10000-37 and updatet it to the latest version (8.5.1.11003-32).

Now i'm wondering why some system promts are only available in english??

my default language is german (de_DE), if i create a script with a "Get Contact Info" it writes "L[de_DE]" in my language Variable so everything seems to be allright. But if i want to play some system promts they are always english, i tried the folling entrys in "Play Prompt":

SP[welcome.wav]

SP[welcome.wav] @L[de]

SP[welcome.wav] @ L[de_DE]

SP[welcome.wav] @L[de_DE]

SP[welcome.wav]@L[de_DE]

SP[gen\phone\extension.wav]

some other system promts work well in german, no matter what i write, i tested the following syntax, all are working:

SP[system_problem]

SP[system_problem.wav]

SP[system_problem.wav]@L[de_DE]

i tried to find a command for the cli to get the system promts displayed, but i didn't find one. is there a way to look at the system prompts?

as a have red several articles on this subject it seems to me that alle system prompts should be available in all languages, right?

and the last question: is there a troubleshooting guide for such things, i'm quite familar with the RTMT, but i found no trace where i can see how uccx is searching for the promts and such things.

14 Replies 14

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have run into this same issue myself, and unfortunately have not been able to spend much time looking for a solution.  The reason?  I was simply playing around with a "Welcome" script, which plays the welcome greeting in every language in UCCX.

On the other hand, I think you deserve an answer, as the documenation clearly indicates which languages are support in the IVR:

Source: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_compatibility/matrix/crscomtx.pdf

Lastly, I would think that the MIVR logs would show which prompts are being played, or attempted to be played, though I wouldn't be surprised if you need to increase your tracing level in order to see this.

Hello Anthony,

i did some research and i found something, the problem is that because uccx is now linux the prompt files have to be case sensitive. some of the cisco engineers seem to not realize that and so the wav files are not all stored the same way.

i just looked at the en_US and de_DE folders, and the files are called welcome.wav in the en_US and Welcome.wav in the de_DE

second example:

gen\phone\extension.wav in en_US,

gen\phone\EXTENSION.wav in de_DE

this is an error, but if you know it you can work with it. i had no chance to see if the files are wrong named in the same way in other language folders.

Very nice find!  Cisco needs to fix this.  The ability to leave the scripting logic alone, and simply alter the contacts language is powerful.  Micromanaging this is impossible.  Plus where did you find the file names?

your right with that. if this is possible for you you should open a tac case so that cisco recognizes the problem.

i can't do that because i just have the problem in my test lab at the moment, i have no customer with this uccx version.

well as this is just a lab i booted with a linux dvd and did a look at the system prompts.

it's quite confusing that there is no other way to achieve this...

Hi guys,

Thanks for pointing this out. I will have a chat with the development team and see if we can fix this.

Can you guys give a brief on the problem description sine we dont have labs with the language packs installed? So if you can send screenshots and any other relevant information, it would be great. You can post it here or you can mail it to me: akramadh@cisco.com.

And by the way, how did you traverse to the en_US and the other folders for the welcome.wav in Linux?:)

Regards,

Abhiram Kramadhati

Ah I see how you were able to look at the system prompts.

Regards,

Abhiram Kramadhati

Thank you for taking this in house.

There are no language packs installed, these are the default system language prompts which every system has.

The root cause is the different case of the filenames between the different languages.

I'll even provide this command line to rename all of the files to lower case for those of us who can boot off a linux CD:

find PROMPTS_FOLDER -depth -exec rename 's/(.*)\/([^\/]*)/$1\/\L$2/' {} \;

Replace PROMPTS_FOLDER with the name of the parent folder of all of the system prompts.

Source of linux command: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/152514/how-to-rename-all-folders-and-files-to-lowercase-on-linux

Hi Anthony,

I think the issue is with multiple languages. For example, please find below the output from my lab server:

[root@abhiuccx en_US]# ls

AA                         name_cancelled.wav   spell.wav

continue_enter_number.wav  name_confirm.wav     SSA

credit_of.wav              name_not_found.wav   star.wav

did_not_hear_name.wav      no_phone_number.wav  system_problem.wav

enter_phone_number.wav     of.wav               thankyou.wav

finished.wav               past.wav             try_again.wav

gen                        pound.wav            unrecov_error_rec.wav

goodbye.wav                SNU                  UserDialog

ICD                        spell_again.wav      welcome.wav

ICM                        spell_another.wav

[root@abhiuccx es_CO]# ls

AA                         name_cancelled.wav   spell.wav

credit_of.wav              name_not_found.wav   star.wav

enter_phone_number.wav     of.wav               thankyou.wav

finished.wav               past.wav             try_again.wav

gen                        pound.wav            unrecov_error_rec.wav

ICD                        spell_again.wav      welcome.wav

[root@abhiuccx de_DE]# ls

AA                         name_cancelled.wav   Spell.wav

credit_of.wav              name_not_found.wav   Star.wav

enter_phone_number.wav     of.wav               Thankyou.wav

Finished.wav               Past.wav             try_again.wav

gen                        Pound.wav            unrecov_error_rec.wav

ICD                        spell_again.wav      Welcome.wav

[root@abhiuccx ms_MY]# ls

continue_enter_number.wav  name_confirm.wav     Star.wav

credit_of.wav              name_not_found.wav   system_problem.wav

did_not_hear_name.wav      no_phone_number.wav  Thankyou.wav

enter_phone_number.wav     Of.wav               try_again.wav

Finished.wav               Past.wav             unrecov_error_rec.wav

gen                        Pound.wav            UserDialog

Goodbye.wav                SNU                  Welcome.wav

ICD                        spell_again.wav

[root@abhiuccx th_TH]# ls

continue_enter_number.wav  name_confirm.wav     Star.wav

credit_of.wav              name_not_found.wav   system_problem.wav

did_not_hear_name.wav      no_phone_number.wav  Thankyou.wav

enter_phone_number.wav     Of.wav               try_again.wav

Finished.wav               Past.wav             unrecov_error_rec.wav

gen                        Pound.wav            UserDialog

Goodbye.wav                SNU                  Welcome.wav

ICD                        spell_again.wav

I am going to talk to the development team and let you know.

Regards,

Abhiram Kramadhati

Hi guys,

I had a chat with the development team and the defect has been opened: CSCtz54556. You can track the progress and the to-be-fixed versions from this.

It might not be published immediately on the Cisco site, since it was filed just today

Cheers!

Regards,

Abhiram Kramadhati

I love how social media has changed the way business interact with their customers.  Thanks so much for taking this to development for us!

Thanks to the developers as well!

Hello,

could you please tell me how to delete the system prompt "are you still there" in UCCX 8.5.

Thnaks

Ahmed Abd EL-Rahman Mohamed wrote:

Hello,

could you please tell me how to delete the system prompt "are you still there" in UCCX 8.5.

Thnaks

You would not actually delete the prompt (as you do not have write access to the filesystem, rather, you would change your IVR Prompt and Collect step (Menu, Get Digit String, etc.) to not allow any retries, and then under the timeout branch, you would use a goto step to send the logic back up to your IVR Prompt and Collect step.  By doing it this way, you will stop the system from asking "Are you still there?" and instead make it say whatever you want in your Play Prompt step.

Here's an example (BONUS: It has a retry counter to limit how many times you can fail the Menu):

Set max_retries = 3

Set retry_counter = 0

Label Main Menu

Menu (my_main_menu)

Option 1

Goto Sales

Option 2

Goto Support

Timeout

Increment retry_counter

If (retry_counter >= max_retries)

True

Goto Operator

False

Play Prompt (no_input_please_try_again)

Goto Main Menu

Unsuccessful

Increment retry_counter

If (retry_counter >= max_retries)

True

Goto Operator

False

Play Prompt (invalid_input_please_try_again)

Goto Main Menu

I hope that helps you.

Good luck and happy scripting!

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Hi Anthony,

I have huge script and i want to avoid the many retry attempts under unsuccessful and timeout options. Is there a way i can make  a single if condition with retry attempts and keep looping to that with label and goto step instead of making IF condition under every unsuccessful and timeout option.

sorry, for posting it in this thread. i actually saw your reply and thought it might be ok.

Regards,

Sandeep

What you are asking for is not technically possible, because the simple Goto/Label approach cannot go back to where it was called from.

The could be a work around by using a Call Subflow or tracking breadcrumbs, but neither of those options are good enough to replace this simple solution, in my opinion.

What I can suggest is reducing the number of steps to the bare minimum, and also using copy/paste to make lots of menus quickly.

Here's an example of trimming that original example down to the minimum:

main_menu: Menu ({ retry_counter = 0; return my_main_menu; })

Option 1

Goto sales

Option 2

Goto support

Timeout

Unsuccessful

If (++retry_counter >= 3)

True

Goto operator

False

Play Prompt (invalid_input_please_try_again)

Goto main_menu

Here's what I did differently from the previous example I posted.

1. Take out the two Set steps.
  2. Using the Menu's Prompt expression box and a Java code block, set the initial value of the counter and return the prompt you want the Menu step to play.
  3. Reduce the script by one variable by hard coding the max retry in the If step (the >= 3 part).
  4. Take out the Label step and just use the Menu steps label feature instead.
  5. Take out all of the Timeout branch steps.
  6. Move all of the Unsuccessful branch steps under the Menu step (this allows the Timeout and Unsuccessful branches to fall down to the failure logic).
  7. Take out the Increment step and just move that functionality into the If step (The "++" is what is doing it).

That's a reduction from 16 steps down to only 7.  Over 50%!  And you drop a variable too; less exciting.

That should make using this multiple times in your script a little easier.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.