Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Active / Standby server

shraavan07
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have UCCX HA pair. I am trying to find out the current active and standby server. How can I do this? How do I know which of the 2 server is Active and Standby. Also, which server should be active? Should Publisher be Active? or Subscriber be active?

Thank You,

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

brian1mcc
Level 4
Level 4

It doesn't matter which server is active. Both will work. I try to keep my publisher the active (master) server as this is what the CAD clients are configured to connect to first.

To find out which one is currently the master, log in to Cisco Unified CCX Serviceability (from drop down menu in top right of appadmin), select tools --> control centre. Select your node, if the CCX Engine has a blue box with an M - it is currently the master. If it is an S, it is currently the slave.

Brian

View solution in original post

Hi,

It doesn't matter which server is master. You can have your subscriber as the master server without any issue.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

brian1mcc
Level 4
Level 4

It doesn't matter which server is active. Both will work. I try to keep my publisher the active (master) server as this is what the CAD clients are configured to connect to first.

To find out which one is currently the master, log in to Cisco Unified CCX Serviceability (from drop down menu in top right of appadmin), select tools --> control centre. Select your node, if the CCX Engine has a blue box with an M - it is currently the master. If it is an S, it is currently the slave.

Brian

Thank you Brian. I do see "m" and "s" under serviceability. I have one more question. Can we keep Sub as primary? Is this a good design?

Hi,

It doesn't matter which server is master. You can have your subscriber as the master server without any issue.

It really only matters for reporting, HR needs to point to the active server.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: