cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX agent login with shared line device.

yuexp0929
Level 1
Level 1

My CUCM is version 12.5 and UCCX is version 12.5 (SU1). I configured a Cisco Jabber on agent's laptop. The agent's cisco Jabber and desk phone using the same extension. The Agent ever logged in to finesse with cisco Jabber successfully. Now the agent can't login because there is error message " No devices found".  

1. Cisco Jabber work well. 

2. Cisco Jabber has to be associated under rmcm application user. 

Do you have any experience to solve the issue?  Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ebery
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer experiencing the exact same issue.  I have checked all of the settings on the agent's profile and phone & DN.  The agent has an 8841 phone that is registered with CUCM and Jabber.  When logging into Finesse she get the error "No devices found" even when both devices are registered with CUCM.  The rmcm user also has the appropriate permissions.  No issues found with the configuration.  The only workaround on a daily basis is to un-associate and re-associate user with rmcm user.  This only happens to a handful of agents (5 out of 60).  Everyone else works just fine.  This is the first post I have found where someone else is experiencing the same issue.  Any ideas?

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Prakhar Jatuskaran
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This usually happens when agent's device is flagged as a restricted device from CUCM side.

Check if the ‘Allow Control of Device from CTI’ is checked on agent's IPCC line, Phone Configuration and End User page.

Ensure that the 'Standard CTI Enabled' and 'Standard CTI Allow Control of Phones supporting Connected Xfer and conf' and 'Standard CTI Allow Control of All Devices' is present in the RMCM user Roles. For Finesse, there can be additional roles created but the above should be sufficient for Agent Login.

The IPCC Extension must be present on the first 4 lines of the phone/Jabber.

Once the above config is in place, try removing Jabber from device association under RmCm user and add it back again.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply! 

I checked all settings you mentioned, but it still can't work. Finally, I removed the desk phone from rmcm application user.  Agent can log in to finesse with Cisco Jabber.  It's not perfect, but it is only solution.

Have you enabled the agent device selection system parameter?

image.png

Response Signature

ebery
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer experiencing the exact same issue.  I have checked all of the settings on the agent's profile and phone & DN.  The agent has an 8841 phone that is registered with CUCM and Jabber.  When logging into Finesse she get the error "No devices found" even when both devices are registered with CUCM.  The rmcm user also has the appropriate permissions.  No issues found with the configuration.  The only workaround on a daily basis is to un-associate and re-associate user with rmcm user.  This only happens to a handful of agents (5 out of 60).  Everyone else works just fine.  This is the first post I have found where someone else is experiencing the same issue.  Any ideas?

Hello  Ebery,

Thanks for your reply!

You are right. I move the agent's device out and add it under RMCM user. It worked. 

Do you have the option that I pointed to set to Enabled so that agents can select which device to use if they are setup for multiple? If not shared lines are not supported and that is what you essentially have if you have the agent directory number setup on multiple devices and that will cause the kind of issue that you describe.

Response Signature

Hi Roger,

Yes, they do have the Agent Device Selection enabled.  I can see where both her Jabber and her 8841 phones are registered to CUCM.  Everyday a handful of agents have their devices registered and upon their initial log into Finesse they get the No devices found error.  Only after the un-association and re-association with rmcm user they can log into Finesse successfully.  Then after logging off the session and trying to log in again they get the same error until the workaround is performed again.  Very strange......??????

If your below ES02 on CCX 12.5 SU1 you might be affected by this defect.

CSCvz35061

Agent Device Selection: Agent state change fails when activeDeviceid is not there in login request

Sev 3

In general the recommendation should be to be on ES03 as that includes the fix for the high profile vulnerability Log4j.

Response Signature

Roger,

Thanks, the customer is on CCX 12.5.1.11001-348(su1)-ES02.

Yes, but that only worked temporarily for me.  I worked with TAC and they suggested I create a new RMCM user for the CCX and that finally resolved the issue entirely.

aaaaahhhhh
Level 1
Level 1

Hello:

I have seen that the computer has bounced around a bit, connected to lan/wireless as the user roams.  A fix we have seen is make a call from Jabber and that re-sync's the connectivity to the servers.  Then everything works again from there.

Thanks.