Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Connect Step - RONA scenario

michaelmiu
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I would like to queue a call, and play a prompt just prior to sending to an available agent.  I'm using the Connect node under the Selected branch of the Select Resource node.  My uncertainty is what happens if the call experiences a RONA?  Will it fall to the Failed branch of the Connect node?  If I want it to be placed back into queue, do I go back to the Select Resource step or send it to the Queue branch?

Thanks!

CSQ_RONA.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I should have been more clear, QUEUE label in my script is before Select Resrouce:

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You send it to Queue logic, see one of my samples:

Chris

I should have been more clear, QUEUE label in my script is before Select Resrouce:

Thanks Chris, I was close, just missing the Dequeue.  I appreciate your help!

Hi Anthony,

I have a script that depends on the Failed branch of the Connect step being executed even if there are other agents Ready in the Select Resource CSQ. I came accross this thread and saw that you had verified exactly what I am running into. Do you have any further information on why Cisco implemented this the way they did, or any thoughts about how to make the Failed branch execute even if another resource is ready? Any help is appreciated.

Jeff Engle

Cisco most likely implemented this way so the caller can keep their position in queue and you don't have to script around that with increasing priorities and requeuing a la ICM/UCCE.

As for getting around this, I have never really tried, but I did just think of this.  See if it works for you.  Just place your required steps in the appropriate If output branches.

Set prev_agent_attempted = false

Select Resource

Selected (current_agent = selected resource)

If (prev_agent_attempted)

True

/* The last agent did not answer for some reason: rna, failed to connect, etc. */

False

/* This is the first agent we're attempting to reach */

Set prev_agent_attempted = true

Connect

Connected

End

Failed

/* All Agents have been exhausted, the caller will be queued now. */

Goto Queue Loop

Queued

Queue Loop:

If (prev_agent_attempted)

True

/* There was at least one agent attempted but failed for some reason: rna, failed to connect, etc. */

False

/* There were never any agents attempted, the call came straight to queue */

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Hi Anthony,

You script will never executed Failed Branch in Connect Step for returning caller in queue.

Do you have workaround for this?

In the successful branch of the select, put a dequeue step, then the connect step. this will allow the failed branch of the connect to process and not jump back to the select step.

Unfortunately, this does not work if there are remaining Agents in the CSQ in the Ready state.

Here's a graphic illustrating this.  the "Set did_this_execute = true" step will not execute, and you can validate by checking the value of the variable.  The script will jump to the Select Resource step without executing the Set step.

Note that the boolean value does not change to True.  I have even tested this with a Media step, with Interuptable set to False, and it still does not execute that step.

Test script attached for your own validation.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.