Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Place Call to multiple mobile phone simoultaneously

Hi all,

I need to do a Place Call step to multiple mobile phone simultaneously.

Which is the best approach?

I have my numbers stored in a String and i was thinking to split them in an array as suggested here https://community.cisco.com/t5/contact-center/splitting-a-string-variable-in-uccx/td-p/2296746.  by @Anthony Holloway 

Then   I would like to do a place call to that numbers simultaneously.

Can I achieve that using a Call Subflow Step in a for loop who is responsible to do a Place Call for each number ? Is there any other  method?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
If you use Trigger Application and set it to async, then you could use it in a loop to fire off a bunch in quick succession.

The challenge might be, what do you need to do if someone answers one of them?

View solution in original post

No, I don't think you would be able to. The only thing that can happen is the timer to expire on the Place Call step. It's not like a broadcast hunt group in that way, rather it's like a bunch of separate calls being made. The best I can think of in that case, is what you said you're already doing: play a message to the callee that someone else already snagged it.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Why not send it to an internal extension that is configured as destination for remote destination in CUCM and use single number reach for it, you can then define up to 10 mobile destinations in CUCM, easier to manage, and you just need single place call step in CCX script.

Thanks for this answer.
I'm doing IT at the moment (i need to call 40 mobile numbers so i create an HP with HL , LG who contains 4 line with 10RD each), but i need the same remote destination to be called on different internal extension and (i don't know why) this is not possible om CUCM. One RD could be associated to one line only and you can't insert another RD with the same mobile number

You can alway create different destinations, i.e. using different prefix or different number that translates to correct final mobile number, etc.  

Nice tricks, thanks.
But i prefer to follow @Anthony Holloway way with trigger application.

I don't know the mobile phone number in advance and i take them trough  a rest call.

I've try to create RDs on the fly as described before using AXL but I prefer o more dynamic way without involving AXL for on-the-fly configuration.

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
If you use Trigger Application and set it to async, then you could use it in a loop to fire off a bunch in quick succession.

The challenge might be, what do you need to do if someone answers one of them?

Thanks for this suggestion, is the direction I'm trying to follow.
When someone answer I would ask him/her a confirmation via a Menu and I would connect this contact to the triggering contact who start this script using a conference now (or other conferencing solution, in dev I'm using use a simple meetme room open by an external phone on the same partition) .
If he/she accept the best would be other phones stop ringing, or if they have already answered play a "too late" message and terminate the call, is it possible?

Thanks @Anthony Holloway for this solution.

Now is working as expected and it is in production.

Just one more question:

Is there a way to stop execution of triggerd app when an event occurs?

At the moment if someone answer i do a Call Redirect step to the correct Destination. But other phones (PlaceCall in triggered apps) continue to ring (if thy answer I play a too late message).

When i did TriggerApplication step i select Interruptible:yes

Thanks in advance,

Pier Paolo

No, I don't think you would be able to. The only thing that can happen is the timer to expire on the Place Call step. It's not like a broadcast hunt group in that way, rather it's like a bunch of separate calls being made. The best I can think of in that case, is what you said you're already doing: play a message to the callee that someone else already snagged it.

thanks a lot . I thought it was so

Hello,

would yo be willing to share the script/xml to show how you achieved this? Thanks.

A solution I've played with and seems much easier is using this https://www.twilio.com/labs/twimlets/simulring

david

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: