Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX scripting "Position in the queue" issue

D_Lebedev
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I've to apply position in the queue to our production IVR.Like "you're second in queue" and etc.

I've faced with some problems with it.

Can anybody share simple aef with position in queue subflow applied?

Thank you.

UCCX Premium 10.6.1

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is a sample script icdPosInQue.aef available through the script repository:

Cisco Unified Contact Center Express Script Repository 9.0(2)

it's under IPCC Express Folder, it comes with readme file as well.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is a sample script icdPosInQue.aef available through the script repository:

Cisco Unified Contact Center Express Script Repository 9.0(2)

it's under IPCC Express Folder, it comes with readme file as well.

For all that is holy in life, convince your business that this is not a good idea. Give your caller a general time frame, your call will be answered in 5-10 minutes or something more generic. With the position in queue you're setting a pretty hard expectation. "I'm 2nd, so I know I'm next, why is it taking so freaking long, do they only have a single agent handling calls, what kind of two bit operation is this?" Obviously this is just my personal opinion. :)

david

For all that is holy in life, convince your business that this is not a good idea. Give your caller a general time frame, your call will be answered in 5-10 minutes or something more generic.

I agree with you for large/busy call centers, but with a two bit operation (a smaller low volume call center) the expected wait time stat usually isn't very accurate.  IMHO if you have a low volume call center the position in queue is actually a better stat to use (with safety checks to ensure you never report that their position goes higher even if it really does :).  I also like reporting their position in queue as one more than it really is, just to help set expectations.

Agreed with everything you said, a small/little volume or a steady volume call center will have no issues with position in queue or EWT announcements, but it only takes on person to complain to ruin it for everyone else. +5 for you.

david

Hi David,

I agree with duration in queue is best approach.

Looking at the script repository posted above, the duration in queue is not in there. Do you have a sample script I can use to add to the main script or a sub script?

I hope you can assist me. I have been looking for such script recently.

Thanks

Peter Valdes

I would suggest avoiding estimated wait time because the wait time can become longer than previously announced if the available agent count decreases due to break time or staff change. I've even seen wait times being announced as a negative time.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: