cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is "Request operation failed" in CAD 8.0?

MICHAEL HUBENY
Level 1
Level 1

User is getting "Request operation failed" after answering call using CAD 8.0

9 Replies 9

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are they able to answer the call?  Does the agent belong to a CAD workflow which has worflow actions for answer or ringing?

Agent can answer call. They put the caller on hold, and dial another extension, then call is disconnected. Agent does all actions using Cisco physical phone, not CAD.

Agent does belong to CAD Workflow. This new system, less than 2 weeks in use, so I'm not very familiar with the actions for answer or ringing. But this situation does seem isolated to this agent, and maybe a few others. All agents are in same CAD Workflow

Hi Michael,

To isolate the problem, remove CAD all together. Have the agent dial the same number without CAD started or using their ICD extension. Does the same error appear? This message can be an indicator that the number dialed is not valid. We also have a bug open where it is more of a cosemetic defect displayed;

CSCsq34070  "Request Operation failed" error was obtained on CAD
Symptom:
"Request Operation failed" error was obtained on Cisco Agent Desktop, when Cisco Agent Desktop tries to dial out to a non-existing number

Conditions:
Call initiated from Cisco Agent Desktop

Regards

Joe

Thanks, this worked

Mike Hubeny

Network Engineer III, IS

College of American Pathologists

325 Waukegan Road | Northfield, IL 60093 | mhubeny@cap.org

Tel: 800-323-4040 ext. 7420 | Dir: 847-832-7420| Fax: 847-832-8420 | www.cap.org

Good morning.

Does anyone have a work-around to prevent this pop up from displaying?? we are upgrading to uccx 8.5 and this is happening. although its not service affecting..I know it will be annoying for users everytime they dial an invalid, or just decide to hang up before completion of dialing.

Thank you

Well, let me ask this. when its says its fixed with no release. what does that mean..anyone?

I get the same problem with UCCX 8.5.1su3, any solution find?

Yue,

Here's the response we got beck from Cisco TAC.

As you know this issue is only cosmetic and does not in any way affect the calls, however it is unfortunate that there does not seem to be a workaround to the error message you are receiving.

regards.

so it looks like that's just the way it works....for now. good luck.      

Kleid Gjataj
Level 1
Level 1

This issue happens in 8.5.1 SU4 when the agent places a call from their "personal non-IPCC" extension. It is really strange because CAD shouldn't be aware of the personal ext. All the stations have Jabber installed and personal Ext is the first DN on the phone.Jabber is setup to control the phone.