Helpful
Replies

Write caller ID to local database in UCCX

Genadi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi to everyone.

I have UCCX 12.5

I want to write the callerID to local db using db step. How can i do this? I can't find out how to connect to local UCCX database and then write callerID there. Can anyone help me with this?

8 Replies 8

You want to write the ANI to the CCX DB? If so, just assign it to a variable and that will save it to the DB.

david

Let me make it clear.

I have two scripts. Main script and the callback script. Inbound call from PSTN is coming to main script and ask a customer if he wants to request a callback services. So if callback was requested the main script is terminating call and then callback script is triggered. Callback script is waiting for any available agent to make a callback. If no agent becomes available the next 3 hours then script is terminated and callback to customer is not initiated. 

The problem comes when a customer calls back to mains script and his call connects to any agent. In this scenario previously requested callback script by this customer should be terminated. 
So it would be a decision if i will be able to write to local db the callerID  of all answered calls and then the callback script prior calling to a customer will get callerID from DB. In case if  callerdID is in DB then callback script should terminate itself.

Apart from what @david.macias wrote you cannot do what you asked about as you can’t write to the CCX database with a db write step. You’d need to write to a separate database.

Response Signature

Can i use any global variables? Or maybe it's possible to share data between two ALREADY active scripts?

Here is another idea. You could create a session using the calling party ID as the session key. You could put a boolean in the session to indicate if the caller dialed in again. You would alter your inbound script to search for the session and change the value of the boolean. The callback script would check that variable in the session when it wakes up, and terminate if the boolean has been changed.

That’s actually a really clever idea. I would love to hear if anyone tries it out as I think the use case is very valid. I was going to go with posting the caller ID to an external DB and then clearing that record when the call is answered. So before making the callback you check the external DB for duplicates and stop the callback if the record is not in the DB.

david

To be honest it's not clear to me how does session mapping is working. If i have 3 callback scripts that's are waiting in  a queue(Agent should become available for this call to be completed) and at the same time 3 new sessions is created in the main script(all customer called back to a callcenter) so the step Get Session info with attributes CallerID and Queue_name is used in the callback script  in a queue then which of this 3  created session info will be received by  Get session info step?

This code fragment is using a different value as the session key. In your example, you should use the caller ID as the key. Use some other variable to indicate if the caller still needs a call back. I was using this to have a language selection follow the caller between different CCX applications.