Views
Helpful
Replies

7914 Key expansion module

technodump
Level 1
Level 1

CUCM 7.1.3

We have a couple 7914 modules that have been selected for 7960 phone within CUCM. It's 'Expansion Module Information' is set to '7914 14-button line expansion module'. The phone's status displays the module as connected.

My main question is how do I program extensions to appear on the 7914? I have added numbers into the 7960's SD going from line 3-9 thinking any extension past 4 would be shown on the 7914.

Does anyone know how to program the 7914? Or can you point me to documentation regarding this configuration?

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

V.Naveen Kumar
Level 1
Level 1

Follow below Steps for expansion module:

Step 1 Log in to Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration.

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration window displays.

Step 2 From the menu, choose Device > Phone.

The Find and List Phone page appears. You can search for one or more phones that you want to configure for the Cisco Unified IP Phone Expansion Module.

Step 3 Select and enter your search criteria and click Find.

The Find and List Phone window displays showing a list of the phones that match your search criteria.

Step 4 Click the IP Phone that you want to configure for the Cisco Unified IP Phone Expansion Module.

The Phone Configuration window displays.

Step 5 Scroll to the Expansion Module Information section.

Step 6 To add support for one expansion module on Cisco Unified IP Phones 7961G and 7961G-GE, in the Module 1 field, select 7914 14-Button Line Expansion Module.

To add support for one expansion module on Cisco Unified IP Phone 7962G, in the Module 1 field, choose 7914 14-Button Line Expansion Module for the Cisco Unified IP Phone Expansion Module 7914, 7915 12-Button Line Expansion Module or 7915 24-Button Line Expansion Module for the Cisco Unified IP Phone Expansion Module 7915, or 7916 12-Button Line Expansion Module or7916 .24-Button Line Expansion Module for the Cisco Unified IP Phone Expansion Module 7916.

Step 7 To add support for a second expansion module on Cisco Unified IP Phones 7961G and 7961G-GE, in the Module 2 field, choose7914 14-Button Line Expansion Module.

To add support for a second expansion module on Cisco Unified IP Phone 7962G, in the Module 2 field, choose 7914 14-Button Line Expansion Module for the Cisco Unified IP Phone Expansion Modules 7914, 7915 12-Button Line Expansion Module or 7915 24-Button Line Expansion Module for the Cisco Unified IP Phone Expansion Module 7915, or 7916 12-Button Line Expansion Module or7916 24-Button Line Expansion Module for the Cisco Unified IP Phone Expansion Module 7916.

To configure the expansion module 7914 these buttons as line or speed dials, use Phone Button Template Configuration.

use the link for configuring phone template:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_0_1/ccmcfg/b06phtmp.html#wpxref53132

View solution in original post

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Matt,

Have a look at the Phone Button Template for the 7914. If you find  the default Button Template you can Copy it/rename it (something like  7960 with 7914)and reconfigure it with the appropriate Line Buttons.  Once this has been done go back to the phone/device in question and  apply this new Phone Button Template> Update> and you will see all the keys available

Here is an example

Phone Button and Expansion Module Template Information

Phone Button Template* 7960 - Six Line

Expansion Module 1 Standard 14-Button Expansion Module

Expansion Module 2 Standard 14-Button Expansion Module

Cheers!

Rob

"And if I should fall behind
Wait for me" - Springsteen

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

V.Naveen Kumar
Level 1
Level 1

Follow below Steps for expansion module:

Step 1 Log in to Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration.

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration window displays.

Step 2 From the menu, choose Device > Phone.

The Find and List Phone page appears. You can search for one or more phones that you want to configure for the Cisco Unified IP Phone Expansion Module.

Step 3 Select and enter your search criteria and click Find.

The Find and List Phone window displays showing a list of the phones that match your search criteria.

Step 4 Click the IP Phone that you want to configure for the Cisco Unified IP Phone Expansion Module.

The Phone Configuration window displays.

Step 5 Scroll to the Expansion Module Information section.

Step 6 To add support for one expansion module on Cisco Unified IP Phones 7961G and 7961G-GE, in the Module 1 field, select 7914 14-Button Line Expansion Module.

To add support for one expansion module on Cisco Unified IP Phone 7962G, in the Module 1 field, choose 7914 14-Button Line Expansion Module for the Cisco Unified IP Phone Expansion Module 7914, 7915 12-Button Line Expansion Module or 7915 24-Button Line Expansion Module for the Cisco Unified IP Phone Expansion Module 7915, or 7916 12-Button Line Expansion Module or7916 .24-Button Line Expansion Module for the Cisco Unified IP Phone Expansion Module 7916.

Step 7 To add support for a second expansion module on Cisco Unified IP Phones 7961G and 7961G-GE, in the Module 2 field, choose7914 14-Button Line Expansion Module.

To add support for a second expansion module on Cisco Unified IP Phone 7962G, in the Module 2 field, choose 7914 14-Button Line Expansion Module for the Cisco Unified IP Phone Expansion Modules 7914, 7915 12-Button Line Expansion Module or 7915 24-Button Line Expansion Module for the Cisco Unified IP Phone Expansion Module 7915, or 7916 12-Button Line Expansion Module or7916 24-Button Line Expansion Module for the Cisco Unified IP Phone Expansion Module 7916.

To configure the expansion module 7914 these buttons as line or speed dials, use Phone Button Template Configuration.

use the link for configuring phone template:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_0_1/ccmcfg/b06phtmp.html#wpxref53132

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Matt,

Have a look at the Phone Button Template for the 7914. If you find  the default Button Template you can Copy it/rename it (something like  7960 with 7914)and reconfigure it with the appropriate Line Buttons.  Once this has been done go back to the phone/device in question and  apply this new Phone Button Template> Update> and you will see all the keys available

Here is an example

Phone Button and Expansion Module Template Information

Phone Button Template* 7960 - Six Line

Expansion Module 1 Standard 14-Button Expansion Module

Expansion Module 2 Standard 14-Button Expansion Module

Cheers!

Rob

"And if I should fall behind
Wait for me" - Springsteen

technodump
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you both! That pointed me in the right direction for button profiles and linking them to phones.

Thanks again!