Views
Helpful
Replies

allow-connections sip to h323 command not supported

HusseinLTD
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

I have 4331 router running SDWAN 17.x image.

trying to configure voice but it's not supporting the following 2 comands:

allow-connections h323 to sip

allow-connections sip to h323

Call flow: PSTN >> FXO on router >> CUCM 

while I have FXO with analog lines, is there anyway I can make this work?

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

TONY SMITH
Spotlight
Spotlight

@HusseinLTD wrote:

Assuming that you don't have any other external voice interface, only FXO, then you don't need either of those commands or indeed "sip to sip" either.  These "allow" commands are used where the gateway receives an IP call from one source and passes it on to another destination, also as IP.  For example if the gateway is sitting between a SIP service and your CUCM.

View solution in original post

You are absolutely correct @TONY SMITH it is not required as such for the TDM (pots) part of the configuration in a voice gateway. To add to this we have it (SIP to SIP) set on all our VGWs, but that's not related to the TDM side of things, it because we have SRST setup for SIP phones for each of our sites as that's needed for SIP phones to be able to call each other in SRST state..

Response Signature

yes @TONY SMITH, you are right. I got confused.

@HusseinLTD 

The actual question was Allow-connections sip to h323 command not supported SDWAN 17.x image.

i don't see anything mentioned supporting H323 on SD-WAN ios Xe image documents. Mostly  it might not be supported.  For your setup its not required to have allow connection.

Response Signature

16 Replies 16

Where did you configure this commands ? it should be under VOICE SERVICE VOIP

Response Signature

yes it's under VOICE SERVICE VOIP,

but the router doesn't accept it, it only accept 

allow-connections sip to sip

I'm using Analog line connected to FXO port, doesn't that mean I'm using H323?

as per my knowledge all analog lines on FXO are ALWAYS H323, please correct me if I'm wrong

This is not correct. They can be configured for different protocols.

Response Signature

what other protocols FXO analog line can be configured with?

The port it self does not use either of the VoIP control protocols, it uses analog port protocols such as E&M. The connection towards the control system can be MGCP, SCCP, SIP or H323. For more details have a look at this document. https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/11_5_1/sysConfig/11_5_1_SU1/cucm_b_system-configuration-guide-1151su1/cucm_b_system-configuration-guide-1151su1_chapter_01001.html

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/voiceport/configuration/15-mt/vp-15-mt-book/vp-overview.html

Response Signature

@Nithin Eluvathingal wrote:

Have a look on below configuration from Cisco Live doc. You need only Sip to Sip.

I must say I don't understand why even that would be needed on a POTS gateway.  We don't have many left in our customers' networks nowadays, but those that I looked at don't have any "allow-connections" entries at all.  My understanding is that they're needed only for IP to IP connections.

You are absolutely correct @TONY SMITH it is not required as such for the TDM (pots) part of the configuration in a voice gateway. To add to this we have it (SIP to SIP) set on all our VGWs, but that's not related to the TDM side of things, it because we have SRST setup for SIP phones for each of our sites as that's needed for SIP phones to be able to call each other in SRST state..

Response Signature

yes @TONY SMITH, you are right. I got confused.

@HusseinLTD 

The actual question was Allow-connections sip to h323 command not supported SDWAN 17.x image.

i don't see anything mentioned supporting H323 on SD-WAN ios Xe image documents. Mostly  it might not be supported.  For your setup its not required to have allow connection.

Response Signature

Can you try on a  different version. 

Response Signature

TONY SMITH
Spotlight
Spotlight

@HusseinLTD wrote:

Assuming that you don't have any other external voice interface, only FXO, then you don't need either of those commands or indeed "sip to sip" either.  These "allow" commands are used where the gateway receives an IP call from one source and passes it on to another destination, also as IP.  For example if the gateway is sitting between a SIP service and your CUCM.

VON CLAWSON
Level 3
Level 3

If it is an SDWAN image you may not have the uc license for those commands to work.

Please do a show license and post here so we can take a look.

You can put in a free to use license temporarily which will enable all of the voice service voip commands.

Please rate if this helps.