cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Allow SSH to CUCM Publisher

mramirez-t
Level 1
Level 1

I have access to the web UI for our CUCM publisher with an admin account, but I can't SSH to the CUCM publisher itself.  How do I enable SSH access for this account?

16 Replies 16

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

SSH is enabled by default, are you not prompted for username and password? The OS username/password credentials are the OS credentials which are different from the App credentials, and these are the ones you would use to login to the OS GUI pages as well.

I have a Publisher that works just fine. But, I have another cluster where the Publisher attempts to connect, but when I start to put in my username, it disconnects every time. The Unity Connection server works splendidly. I have bounced the SSH System service, but no love.

could be cert related, RSA key related.

try it with from another machine that never attempted to SSH into it, 

cheers

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

I tried a couple of different machines just to make sure, but the same thing happens.

Thanks for the idea though.

Aeby Vinod
Level 3
Level 3
Also can be related to a bug, which version of CUCM are you running on?. Can you check if you can SSH in if you try to do it via the console in ESXI. If you are able to login then please share the output of the command "show LoginGraceTimeout"

Regards,
Aeby

Please rate if you find this helpful.

Regards,
Aeby

We are running 10.5.2.15900-8

I can log into the console on the ESXi just fine. But, when you need to get some output I want to SSH in to copy the output thru PuTTy or the like. Pretty weird...CUC SSH works great and this did too, I believe.

Next step is a reboot...but I had to replace a failing drive, so that needed to rebuild before I go off and start turning things off! ;-)

That command is not a valid command though, if you have any other suggestions?

Thanks for replying.

Hi Roy,

To further isolate this try recording your screen and logging in via a client, before the CLI closes on you see if it displays an error message and if so please post it here, it might be seen only for a split second hence the need for the screen capture.

Also before trying a reboot I'd suggest opening a TAC case, one possibility why you can't login just via an SSH client but can via the ESXI console might because of a permission issue surrounding a file needed for SSH, for example startcliscript.sh gets invoked when opening the CLI. If thats the root cause they can get root access and modify permissions/file and fix this, these changes wouldn't require a reboot or cause business interruptions.

Please rate useful/helpful Posts

Regards,
Aeby

Please rate if you find this helpful.

Regards,
Aeby

Thanks for the reply.

I ended up opening a case with TAC. At first look she was not sure of the reason. She is doing some research and getting back to me. I will try to remember to update this case if there is a resolution.

BTW, I took a maintenance window and rebooted the server over a weekend, but still no love.

-R

Did you try recreating the RSA key?  

Hi there,

I am experiencing the same issue with CUC. Did you ever manage to get this resolved? Can you post the TAC summary here please if so?

I never got an answer from the TAC engineer as we kept going in circles, I ended up closing the case with the intention of reopening at some point. If I reopen and get a response, I will post the fix/workaround.

How do you recreate the RSA key from the Command Line?  I am able to console in via the web console on my vSphere. but when SSH from Putty or SecureCRT I receive the following message:

Key exchange failed.
No compatible hostkey. The server supports these methods: rsa-sha2-256,rsa-sha2-512

I used to be able to access via SSH with Putty and SecurCRT with no issues.

Do you have these key methods enabled in your terminal program?

Response Signature

I do have these key methods enabled

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: